myfitnesspal or loseit?

Options
So I am brand new here and have been debating on which website to join. Has anyone tried both? Pros and cons?

Thanks!

Replies

• toottoots
    toottoots Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i would go with the obvious answer of MFP while you've already joined, Or try them both and see which is best for you. Ultimately its you losing the weight so which ever enables you to keep on track :)
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have an account with both MFP an Lose it. MFP wins by far. The message boards are so much nicer and easier to use on here, but what sold me is the food database. The food and exercise list on MFP is so much more complete than Lose It. I had to manually input a lot of food into Lose It.
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Well, I was intrigued so googled it - loseit doesn't appear to be available in the UK, so that makes the decision very easy for me, lol! I LOVE mfp though :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I tried Loseit for about a minute. The food database is severely lacking compared to MFP.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have an account with both MFP an Lose it. MFP wins by far. The message boards are so much nicer and easier to use on here, but what sold me is the food database. The food and exercise list on MFP is so much more complete than Lose It. I had to manually input a lot of food into Lose It.

this exactly ..

but I must say, I love the badges we can earn on Li and some other features of Li..
    with that said though, I find MFP much easier to log food and use the forums
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    MPF is free and great people are on here. I haven't tried any other places.

What sold me is that MPF is free.
  • Ucann2
    Ucann2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking at the calories that I'm allowed on LoseIt and MFP I would suggest MFP. loseIt said that I could eat 200 more calories per day than MFP. If I were your would compare the calories and determine which amount you can live with without feeling deprived.
  • southtxdoe
    Options
    Agreed! I currently have both. MFP offers more options PLUS it allows you to blog and have the community for support. For now I guess i'll just use Loseit when i'm out and need to grab a quick bite to eat, since it will tell me how many calories fast food has...although I must stop the fast food. UGH!