Options
All tips/encouragement appreciated! :)

Replies

• Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Do your best.. and forget the rest!

You'll hear that many times.

Oh, and make sure you eat well! I made the mistake of terrible eating (I was on like an 8+ hour fast) on my first day ever of it, and I paid the price in nearly passing out halfway through.

And when your body is so sore you feel like calling it quits.. keep pushing through, because it will actually help with some of that soreness.
  • ducoteycd
    ducoteycd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would follow the given diet plan exactly! I did p90x for 4 weeks and saw more changes in muscle definition and fat loss than ever before. Unfortunately then I went to Mexico for a week to scuba dive and drank copious amounts of alcohol..... Lol

But good luck! P90x is a great program, especially when your diet is clean.

And like UCB1984 said, stick with it! It'll be hard as hell at times(especially the yoga) but if you keep on keeping on the results will far outweigh the pain.
  • 6Penguins6
    Options
    Hi!

I'm starting it on the 31st! Have a search on the groups section for P90X New Year Challenge 2013 there are quite a few people starting all around the same time - lots of support and motivation!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    You need to eat something about every 3 hours to keep your metabolism going all day. Make sure you eat something in between breakfast, lunch and dinner such as a snack of fruits, nuts or low fat cheese. Ideally you should be eating something every 3-4 hours to keep your metabolism going constantly. Eat fruits, vegetables, wholemeal/wheat/grain/pulses, lean protein, and healthy fats. Healthy fats are key to weight loss and fitness: seeds and nuts, oily fish, avocados, flaxseeds, extra virgin olive oil etc. You need these in your body.

Example of a day’s food:
    Breakfast needs to be wholegrain toast or oats, lean protein and fat like eggs/red meat add some fruit or some salad if you like.
    Mid morning snack, have some fruit, nuts or low fat cheese or yoghurt (low in sugar and fat).
    Lunch needs to wholegrain, lean protein, vegetables and healthy fats (like breakfast).
    Mid afternoon snack same as the mid morning snack.
    Dinner same as lunch.
    Be sure to drink 2-3 litres of water and avoid fruit juices (especially ‘concentrate’ ones).

Each phase of the P90X nutrition guide is designed to help you get leaner in combination with the workouts. Phase 3 shouldn't really be followed unless a) you want to gain mass and b) you are already in great shape.

Skipping lunch and having a big dinner is just silly! People who do this and are really skinny generally don’t eat enough are the ‘lucky’ ones who eat whatever and still don’t put on any fat. But the years always catch up to them. Look at most of the adults around you, they are all overweight and unfit, and it’s because they spent years eating crap and it catches up with them, even if it takes 5 years for it to happen.

Only choose foods from the top 3 tiers of this guide http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/michis-ladder and workout 4-7 days a week doing a variety of workouts: cardio and upper body training.

Stay away from coke, pepsi, diet coke/pepsi, chocolate, crisps, doughnuts and takeways eg fish and chips, pizza, Chinese, McDonalds, Burger King etc because this is all poison to your body. The same for alcohol and cigarettes.

Good luck.
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start next month. Drinking low fat chocolate milk right after your workout will help keep the soreness down. Beachbody sells a rediculously expensive recovery drink that the chocolate milk is a pretty close cousin too if you wanna save some money.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start next month. Drinking low fat chocolate milk right after your workout will help keep the soreness down. Beachbody sells a rediculously expensive recovery drink that the chocolate milk is a pretty close cousin too if you wanna save some money.

This. The product you are thinking of is probably the P90X Results & Recovery formula, and while I've heard it's good stuff, it is indeed very expensive.. I let my friends buy that while I stuck to skim milk and protein powders!
  • lightweightdiva
    lightweightdiva Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Day one wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be, but I feel like I really got my money's worth with plyometrics today! Can't wait to see the results!
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm about 2 months into my 2nd round and I'm down 40 lbs. I know it gets mixed reviews; but I'm usually on a 10-12 hr fast by the time I workout in the morning.

1) Make sure to do the Ab Ripper every time--even if you feel wasted. I was only able to do 10-15 reps when I started but I was able to keep up with the video by the end of the 2nd month.

2) Do the X-Stretch on Sunday's. I always felt better than if I took the day off.

3) Drink your favorite protein after the workouts.

Good luck!
  • grward612
    grward612 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Day one wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be, but I feel like I really got my money's worth with plyometrics today! Can't wait to see the results!

Plyo was my favorite part of P90X. Even though I'm not doing the full 90 days anymore, I use this DVD when I want a good workout. Each time I try to push myself harder for a better workout. Enjoy!
  • ducoteycd
    Options
    I'm about 2 months into my 2nd round and I'm down 40 lbs. I know it gets mixed reviews; but I'm usually on a 10-12 hr fast by the time I workout in the morning.

1) Make sure to do the Ab Ripper every time--even if you feel wasted. I was only able to do 10-15 reps when I started but I was able to keep up with the video by the end of the 2nd month.

2) Do the X-Stretch on Sunday's. I always felt better than if I took the day off.

Good luck!

How is the x stretch? I have the DVDs still and need to work on flexibility some. Would you suggest x stretch for this?
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Good luck!

How is the x stretch? I have the DVDs still and need to work on flexibility some. Would you suggest x stretch for this?
    It doesn't burn many calories but it's an hour of stretching. I feel like I am much more flexible than I used to be.
  • ducoteycd
    Options

Good luck!

It doesn't burn many calories but it's an hour of stretching. I feel like I am much more flexible than I used to be.

Yeah I'm just looking for something for "active rest" days. I'll try it out and hopefully it helps!