Newbie gained 19 pounds I lost ...looking for friends too!

Options
I gained 19 pounds in less than 2 months. I fell off the wagon hard!!! I wanted a new start and a new weight loss site. I love this one!!!

bonus--It has a nice mobile app that works with my windows 7 phone.

I can't exercise now due to a medical procedure and will be back at it in 2-3days at most. YEAH

If you need friends please add me. I will give support whenever I can. I also need it too!!

THANKS!
Karen

Replies

• Oreonut
    Oreonut Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Karen!

Nice to find you over here. I ALSO gained back 17 lbs of what I lost last year. I did great all the way til about mid September and then I fell apart. Ate my way all the way through the end of the year. Time to get back at it!

I love the idea of using a scanner for food which is what made me make the move to MFP from Spark. Gives me a reason to spend my Christmas money on an Ipod touch. Everyone has one in our family but me!

Here is to this year's success!!

Kelly
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Kelly the MFP app i use on my phone is AWESOME!! I used it today at a resturant and it was great. SO easy. My phone was not one supported by sparks app.

We can get those pounds off. As long as we try. I have lost a bunch which must have been water weight cause it was quick. (maybe 6-8 pounds this week)
  • Jenni_bounds
    Options
    Hello, I am very new to this. I lost 20 last year and gained it all back. I feel like a bouncy ball: weight up weight down then of course back up. I just signed up to get started tomorrow. I need all the encouragement and help I can get. I wish you the best of luck. HAPPY NEW YEAR and to hears a new you!
  • Plouisa2378
    Options
    I am also new to this! I lost 10 lbs last year with weight watchers but gained it all back in the last 8 weeks! I need help! I have heard a lot of great things about this site and I would love to give it a try! I hope I can get support and encouragement so that I don't fall off the wagon again! Feel free to add me!
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request... would love to be in this together and support each other
  • deanrun
    deanrun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm on regularly. We all need to encourage each other!
  • katfeet
    Options
    Karen I sent you a friend request too,! We can do this!
  • kotarah
    kotarah Posts: 25
    Options
    I definitely need aid.. though I'm still figuring out how to add friends! I'll see if I can add you!
  • rainysbluez
    Options
    I too lost 25 pounds last year only to gain it AND an additional 5 lbs back. Sigh... I have decided to try a different approach this time around. Instead of relying solely on the food and exercise tracker, I am making a conscious effort to connect with others in the MFP community. There is strength in numbers and for me, support, encouragement and accountability are very necessary as I move toward adopting a more healthy and active lifestyle. No longer a WW member, I have discovered a number of healthy recipe blog websites as well as cookbooks that have been added to my my arsenal. I am picking up with my DVD rotation beginning tomorrow and will be checking for 30 day challenges as well.

Add me as a friend if you like. This is the year for success people!
  • PamDF
    PamDF Posts: 5
    Options
    I hear you...gained back 10 lbs. so starting over as well. Feel free to add me.
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! It feels so good to not be alone!

I have added everyone as friends. I hope I did not miss anyone. If I missed you please send me a request!!

WE CAN do THIS