What brand of protein powder to you prefer and why?

Options
2»

Replies

• Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein

Order from Bodybuilding.com......they have very fair prices and is the fastest shipping site I have ever ordered from.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    EAS 100% Pure Whey Protein is very tasty. A 5 lb. bag is around $28 at Sam's. 23 g. protein and 120 cals.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    ON 100% Whey Gold Standard Protein. I went to a body building forum and asked what the best tasting low calorie protein powder was, and thats what they recommended. It is YUUMMMY. I mix w/ just water and ice and it tastes great! The only flavor to stay away from is Vanilla Ice Cream (they told me). I love the carmel toffee fudge.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

Me too. My favorite flavor is Strawbery Banana. Shop around online and you can save over health food store prices. Dissolves quickly without a blender.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Costco sells muscle milk light as well. They also sell a pre-made protein shake that I really like as well. It's called Premiere Nutrition. Very good as well and only 160 cals.

I like the Premier Nutrition shakes--just started using them. Only flavor my Costco carries is chocolate, but it is pretty good.

As for Muscle Milk Light--COSTCO's coupon book that expires on 2/28/10 has it for $6 OFF for 3 lb. container. My Costco had
    Chocolate and Vanilla.

I am curious. Does anyone have a recommendation for flavor? I was planning on trying it, and was leaning toward the Vanilla, because I thought it would be easier to put with different flavors, if I added it to things, but just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about that?
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    tagging for later :bigsmile:
  • LAgal
    LAgal Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I am curious also. I don't want a protein that leaves a "chalky" taste. Thanks in advance!!
  • LAgal
    LAgal Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Sorry, double post.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    No chaky taste in the Syntha 6 at all. Just tyummy deliciousness!
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    i'm not looking to build muscle, so I don't use any muscle milk. I use Body Fortress Vanilla. You can get it at Walmart. I flavor using sugar free jellos, or puddings. To change it up. Not the whole packet, just some to flavor. I use the magic bullet to blend all together.

Why don't you want to build muscle? Muscle is the catalyst to burning fat and triggering your metabolism.

Just be mindful of some of the options you find at WalMart or non-nutrition shops, as they cheaper the options are, the cheaper the product you are getting. Meaning, instead of getting a quality product, that may cost you a bit more, you are getting a product that will have more fillers and chemicals that may mess with your body, more than it does good. In my opinion, I'm a huge advocate of the saying "You get what you pay for".

I'd say Shakeology all the way...gives you the proper protein ratio, in addition to all other vitamins and nutrients one needs for a meal, which you won't get from a regular protein powder product.
  • fortyandfab
    Options
    Labrada Lean Body for Her is great. You can buy the packets (which I prefer) or the large container. I use the powder, water ice and a banana to make a shake that is delish! Good luck!
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    Great topic!

I've spent 13 yrs drinking a lot of the other s**t out there that constitutes itself as a protein drink! lol

Best one i have ever had is http://www.amazon.com/Meal-Replacement-Drink-Original-Vanilla/dp/B001KPUHV6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1268090147&sr=8-5

At 60$ for 40ct thats actually a steal compared to what it used to cost per shake 5-10 yrs ago. A lot of ppl miss this one becuase it has 38g protein instead of the 'Max' out ones that have 42-45 grams (not a big difference) and with some of the no flavor ones that you need to dress up you can get the protein for like 50cents a shake.

The benefits of this shake though above and beyond all the normal stuff like all the vitamins and no sugar added parts that makes it a gem is:

1) it actually tastes really good (in all flavors - vanilla is original and one i stick to most) WITHOUT needing to add any other ingredients such as milk/fruits/yogurt/ice cream/nuts etc LOL ...which incidentally add calories.

2) its actually a meal replacement and at 250 calories it actually DOES satisfy even me for quite a few hours and really works as one.

3) You just add water and it gets really really thick like a real milk shake (add an ice cube or two and it gets really cold like one too). --- so no pain in the *kitten* factor like most other powders that you have to work around by adding in all sorts of other stuff to make it palatable or able to satisfy you.

All the above make it something you will actually USE on a regular basis, which afterall is the real point, sticking with it. I've been coming back to it for 10-yrs and always get very upset when i bother to stray away from it and end up with yet another wasted container in my pantry.
  • helma62
    helma62 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Labrada Lean Body for Her is great. You can buy the packets (which I prefer) or the large container. I use the powder, water ice and a banana to make a shake that is delish! Good luck!
  • helma62
    helma62 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love lean body for her. I put a tbl spoon of all natural pb in it. I drink this for breakfast or lunch on the weekend.