Dialysis recti

Options
Any mommy's have or had dialysis recti? This is my first time hearing about it and I just had my second child three months ago. I do have it and am wondering how long it took till you noticed a difference and for it to heal? I have started the exercises myself, and its very frustrating because I would like to be able to do normal ab workouts.

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    diastasis recti. no crunches -- it will widen the gap. no solution except surgical hernia repair; sorry to say.
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yup, had it with each pregnancy. I know they say there is no fix except surgery. However, in my experience that has not been true. I would totally agree with the no crunches thing. Plank exercises have actually helped mine come back together. I don't even try to do any stomach exercises for the firsts 6 months or so depending on how I am healing and energy levels. My last pregnancy was a twin pregnancy and the seperation of the stomach wall was really, really bad. It is almost completely back together now. ( The babies are 10 1/2 months). Walking/ Running and Plank exercises have helped me so much. Good luck!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I have been told planks are the best solution for that condition, and would second that information that crunches are not good for it.