Breakfast Ideas?????

Options
2»

Replies

• indy_cat
    Options
    1. This morning I sauteed 8 oz of sliced baby bella mushrooms in 1 Tbs butter, added 2 thin slices of low sodium deli ham (diced) and added a container of plain eggbeaters. I scrambled the whole thing up and it fed three hungry adults. I also served toasted Sara Lee 45 calorie bread. Breakfast was at 6:30 A.M. and I could only eat a very small lunch about 1:30 P.M. because I was still full from breakfast.

2. Another breakfast that I like is ricotta cheese with a little sweetener and cinnamon mixed in. I spread it on toast or on slices of apple or pear. One day I even had this spread on low fat triscuits for lunch.

3. Try diced apple, mandarin oranges, almond slices and craisins mixed into vanilla yogurt. It's very good and filling. You can also top it with granola for your really hungry mornings.

4. Egg sandwich with tomato slice instead of cheese.

5. French toast made with eggbeaters and Sara Lee 45 calorie bread and spread thinly with peanut butter.

6. Smoothies are quick and filling for breakfast. Here's a good trick. When your bananas get ripe, peel them, break into fourths and freeze in freezer bag. When they are frozen throw them in the blender with fruit and yogurt to make a smoothie. Much better than using ice cubes. Make it extra thick with more frozen banana and it makes a great ice cream substitute for dessert.

Hope these ideas help you. Remember if these meals don't fill you up you can always have a piece of fruit for a mid-morning snack. Good luck with your journey.:flowerforyou:
  • andezz99
    andezz99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like Coach's Oats from Costco. I mix in some blueberry, cranberry, and a teaspoon of brown sugar (I could probably skip that last ingredient but it makes it taste so good) and sliced almonds. It's like the oatmeal at Starbucks but cheap and pretty filling.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I eat veggies all the time. I'm not one to buy into that breakfast has to be sweet (like cereal and fruit). I've been known to steam or heat up on the stove a bag of plain mixed veggies (italian or california blend, basically broccoli and cauliflower with some carror peppers etc) and eat that along with a couple eggs scrambled with spinach. A bag of veggies cooked with a can of Rotel tomatoes is a meal for me any time of the day...nom.
  • Macilegna4
    Macilegna4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This Topic is just what I need!
    Hi! I'm new to MFP and can't stay under 1200 calories (since the Holidays and traveling).Got to get back on track!

I make smoothies with 1 frozen banana, 1 cup of Spinach, 1 gup of almond milk, 1 scoop of Soy Whey Protein....Blend and drink!
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Here is my standard "work breakfast"

Microwave scrambled wggs (1/2 of Lucerne Best of Egg and 2 Tbls og 1% Milk)
    1 Thomas Cranberry English Muffin
    .50 Land o Lakes All Natural Butter with Canola Oil

275 calories

Sometimes I will add a cup of coffee with sugar free creamer and it adds another 32 calories for a total of 307.00
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs, egg beaters or oatmeal. Hot foods in the morning satisfy me more.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    porridge oats are the best. I have about 60g form 218 calories and just had a huge bowl for supper for 298 calories. I have a bowl at 7-8am and im full til 12pm
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I usually have one of the following for breakast:

-two eggs, scrambled, with loads of veggies mixed in.
    -yogurt parfait with greek plain yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit
    -cottage cheese with fruit
    -eggs and turkey bacon

they all keep me full for quite some time :)
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I almost always have two eggs fried in butter (sometimes toast with butter as well) or oatmeal (made with water) with cinnamon, a bit of brown sugar, heavy cream, and occasionally butter (sometimes I'll break out of the box and find a recipe on Pinterest, but this my typical bowl of oatmeal). Always coffee with about 1/2T of honey and 1oz of heavy cream.

I do not fear fat and a high fat breakfast keeps me going for hours.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with tbsp of natural PB and banana with a sprinkle of hemp seeds. I have it everyday along with my coffee. Keeps me full and tastes nummy.
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    I usually do oat bran- which is 150 cals a serving and keeps me reallly full. OR a vitatop muffin top, or sometimes eggs with turkey and veggies
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • Sdmommyof3
    Options
    All these meals sound so yummy! Happy I read them I love new healthy ideas :)
  • Nimrod2010
    Nimrod2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with raisins, cranberries and/or blueberries! Quick and filling! It's also very affordable!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    lean ham and eggs.

Chicken and egg omelet

personally I find a protein shake made with skim milk to be quite filling. 200 calories and 30 grams of protein... if you want a bit more calories, add some fruit in there. I know some people feel that liquid calories don't stay with them, but for me, it keeps me feeling great for hours and hours.
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    green tea with protien powder.
  • miasapearl
    miasapearl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just tried this overnight oatmeal recipe this morning. It was delicious and pretty low calorie too. I got this from allrecipes.com

INGREDIENTS:
    1/3 cup steel cut oats
    1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
    1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
    1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/3 cup almond milk
    1 tablespoon almond milk

DIRECTIONS:
    1. Mix oats, coconut, pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small container; top with 1/3 cup milk. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Stir 1 tablespoon milk into oat mixture before serving.
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    Van's Lite Waffles with sugar free pumpkin butter. 2 waffles total 140 calories & are 97% fat free and the sugar free pumpkin butter is only 5 calories a tablespoon.
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My gotta-eat-quick-and-run-out-the-door breakfast is to warm 1 cup of frozen berries in the micro for 45 seconds. If I have 2 minutes and 45 seconds, I microwave two strips of turkey bacon to go with the berries! Here's a tip: most costco locations have cascadia farms organic mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries) in a bulk size for $9.99. I think it's about 3 pounds of berries. It's a great price for organic and it's a reputable brand. The berries are sour and the turkey bacon is salty--the combination of the two at the same meal is very satisfying. (In case you were wondering, I don't mix the bacon with the berries---each is a separate serving :smile: )

Happy New Year and happy eating!
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Instead of scrambled eggs, I substituted in tofu instead. You can hardly tell the difference. Works great for breakfast wraps also.