shakes

Im always in a hurry for breakfast trying to get kids ready for school and myself. Is there a shake i can make that will give me all my nutritions for breakfast. Also im not great on eatin it on weekends so i figured i could drink it at least. I saw special k drinks in walmart but not sure about them yet. Just something i can make ahead time. Also any advice for on the go. I get out of school at lunch time and straight to work. I though of packing my own lunch if it will help just dont know what will keep good in a lunch box

Replies

• Sandy307
    Sandy307 Posts: 70 Member
    Not sure of the nutritional value of this but I make it most days and it fills me up and keeps me going when I am in a hurry...

1/2 cup frozen strawberries
    1/2 cup frozen raspberries.
    1/2 cup white grape juice.
    1/2 cup water.
    1/2 cup regular original almond milk.
    1/2 medium ripe banana.
    put everything into your "bullet" or blender and process just until the frozen fruits are well blended. Enjoy!

I have varied the frozen fruits and also the juice that I use. I sometimes use cranberry cocktail instead of the grape juice but it isn't quite as sweet.

I did work out the calorie value when I first made this but have changed a few things in it since then. I kinda think it might be close to 200 cals. per cup but not sure.

Hope this helps or at least gives you some ideas.

Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • I have found that what has worked best for me is to have a good protein powder (I look for one with a high protein content, high fiber, low sugar and lower calorie) my favorites are Herbalife (vanilla) and Garden of Eden (vanilla). Then I blend that with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and whatever fresh or frozen fruits I have. The best one is half a banana and blueberries! It takes me about 2 minutes to make and another minute to rinse out the blender!

You have to be very careful with premade shakes like the slimfast one you mentioned because they can be deceiving! Just make sure you read the label to know what is in it! Atkins Advantage makes a decent ready to drink shake - but, I strongly suggest finding a powder you like and making your own!