what r ur excuses.. overcome?

Options
need to overcome ant hidden excuses that i don't know im making help me!!! what are your excuses

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    As far as exercise goes (or rather not exercising) I got a million excuses. Sometimes rather than argue with myself I just put on my tennis shoes and go out the door before my brain has time to register it's workout time.

As far as food, I'm learning that a little of some foods always leads to more for me because I get cravings so I have to be tough about that. No excuses. Some things simply cannot be categorized as food. Lots of things, actually. And every time I try moderation I end up with raging hunger. So no matter how bad I might want something, just once, just one, just today, I can't let myself rationalize having it. Because the consequences are just so irritating.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    I knew I would make excuses and set myself up for failure, so when I started I promised to give my body 12 full weeks of no excuses. Every time I wanted an excuse I wrote it down to save and use when my 12 weeks was up. My plan worked because at 12 weeks I was on a roll and had created new habits and was not about to let any excuse slow me down. I tossed my list of excuses in the garbage, where it belongs. It's all psychological. It you want something bad enough you won't let excuses get in your way.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Mine mostly deal with exercise. It's my TOM, or my head hurts, the kids won't listen, or I'm tired. For food issues it's one won't hurt, this is my most dangerous excuse being a food addict, if i have that one its really hard to not have that second and the third, well might as well I already blew it. Everyone has excuses, we have to just find our own ways to overcome them. :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I knew I would make excuses and set myself up for failure, so when I started I promised to give my body 12 full weeks of no excuses. Every time I wanted an excuse I wrote it down to save and use when my 12 weeks was up. My plan worked because at 12 weeks I was on a roll and had created new habits and was not about to let any excuse slow me down. I tossed my list of excuses in the garbage, where it belongs. It's all psychological. It you want something bad enough you won't let excuses get in your way.

This is a fantastic idea. Wish I'd done this at the start and may yet have need of it!