Tired after 3 minutes of exercising? WHAT GIVES

Options

Replies

• wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    TAKE YOUR TIME! It's not a sprint. Just add a +1 minute goal each week. Before you know it you will be doing 30 with ease.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You can do one of two things. You can shoot for 4 minutes which is a minute more or you can find a new exercise DVD until you build your stamina. After years of not exercising at all, I started out with Leslie Sansone. She kinda corny, but her DVD's work. Good Luck to you !

Agreed - don't expect to jump from 3 minutes to 20 in one day! Work your way up. Go a little longer every couple days.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Push Through it!

this..
    if you have no physical issues with internal organs, have been OKed by your doctor to exercise and are are just out of shape, then suck it up cupcake there's no crying in baseball :laugh:

your mind will play all kinds of tricks on you when you're first starting out to get you to stop exercising. if it helps you can try shooting for a specific heart rate when you're first starting, like something in your 3-5 range in perceived exertion scale and stick with it. for 20 minutes. your body was designed to move :happy:
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i refuse to exercise any longer than i can have sex so about 1.5 minutes is about right dont wanna over do it ya dont wanna over do it
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have a stationary bike that I use for exercise because I have artificial knees and lots of impact is hard on them. I find the first five minutes on the bike the hardest but if I push through and keep going, I find my second wind. Just push but that being said, don't hurt yourself!
  • Kar3n84
    Kar3n84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hate black coffee myself, but as a substitute to cream and sugar, I use Truvia and skim milk when I need my fix. Also, try subbing out your black coffee for green tea. It has a little caffeine perk and is loaded with health benefits when consumed regularly.

What the others have put on here is great advice. Just steadily increase your time amounts. Before you know it, you'll be able to push through to your 30 minute goal and beyond.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Just do what you can. Make a plan that each day you will do an extra minute. A minute isn't much.

If you constantly give up when you are tired than you won't be able to do more. When are you working out? Maybe a different part of the day would be best for you to workout. Or try having a snack shortly before you workout. Something with some carbs for energy.
  • rmkidder
    Options
    You may want to stretch first. I found that it helps me. Also, If you push past the tired you will get the "second wind" and be able to get to you goal. Just keep moving. Good luck and happy new year.
  • CHRISTCENTERED
    CHRISTCENTERED Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It means you're out of shape, but DON'T GIVE UP! I think maybe you're moving too fast. Since you haven't been working out in a while, you have to work your way back up. Take it slow, with each day you'll build strength, and endurance. Start out by walking 20-30 minutes daily in increments of 5,10,15 minutes until you reach 30 minutes.

This is to get you started, once you feel stronger, you'll be able to complete the full 20 minute workout! SUCCESS! :happy:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I was severely out of shape when I began at almost 500 lbs. I only walked to start with and 1 mile took over 1 hour. It gets better over time. Just keep going.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Try one of the fat free coffee creamers. I don't use sugar when I use them and they taste great. This was in response to the coffee question.

Thanks for the advice. I will try that out.
    I never get fat free items as they are always higher in carbs and sugars which will make you gain weight way more than fat. Use half and half or sugar free creamers and use a measuring spoon. People easily dump 100 cals of creamer in their coffee when they don't measure the serving. :-) have you tried group exercise classes? Being around others is usually more fun and helps motivate us past our tired point!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Okay here is my frustration! :explode: It's been a very, very, very long time since I exercised (about 3 months) So lately i've been trying to exercise...I get tired after 3 minutes of working out. I want to be able to make it through a 20 minute workout without feeling fatigue or having to quit so soon. I'm currently doing Turbo Jam...which is fun but I shouldn't be feeling this way. I'm trying to change my healthy lifestyle by exercising but dammit i'm almost to my breaking point. It's way too cold to be walking outside (hate cold weather) Any suggestions?

Three minutes in you should not be working at an intensity that can make you feel tired, are you warming up properly (ten minutes low impact, conversational pace)?
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Uhm...you are suppose to get tired....Just keep on doing it...If you don't get tired you are not doing anything...Takes 30 second breaks if you need to, slow down, but keep on doing it...
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Are you warming up first or jumping into a vigorous wo?
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I think those lovely exercise endorphins kick in at about 15-18 minutes for me. Up until that point I'm just gutting it out and forcing myself to keep going. Once I hit that mark though I feel good and can keep going for the duration of whatever workout I'm doing. Just push yourself to keep going.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    It just takes time. The first time I did the 30 Day Shred...after 6 minutes I just laid down on the floor and stayed there for awhile. I'm still out of shape but I can go a lot longer now.
  • BeautifulBrownBbyDoll
    Options
    i refuse to exercise any longer than i can have sex so about 1.5 minutes is about right dont wanna over do it ya dont wanna over do it

Oh lord you need help teehee
  • BeautifulBrownBbyDoll
    Options
    Uhm...you are suppose to get tired....Just keep on doing it...If you don't get tired you are not doing anything...Takes 30 second breaks if you need to, slow down, but keep on doing it...

After 3 minutes of working out you are not supposed to be tired to the point where you don't want to ever do it again.
  • Yani51
    Yani51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    TAKE YOUR TIME! It's not a sprint. Just add a +1 minute goal each week. Before you know it you will be doing 30 with ease.

This! ^^^
  • BeautifulBrownBbyDoll
    Options

This! ^^^

I went from 3 mins yesterday to 9 minutes today, so I think i'm doing a hellva good job.