Almost there - Before / 10-to-go pics...

Options

Replies

• HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    my husband is VERY IMPRESSED!!! .Please, Please ...need more details about your routine exercise....

Happy to answer whatever I can...just shoot me a message!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    You look great...:smile:

What kind of ab routine did you do?
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    First of all - Thank you for all the kind words. If I'd known I'd get such a great response from so many people, that would have been motivation in and of itself!!! Can't wait for my pics in 6 weeks! Thanks again, but couldn't have done it without the initial boost from everyone on here. Happy to pay it forward, if I can help, just add me as a friend and shoot me a message! Thanks!!!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    WOW, great job!!!
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    You look great...:smile:

What kind of ab routine did you do?

First of all, you're too kind, thank you. I really just incorporated abs into my cardio days, and did some very basic work... Most results came from squats I think, really helped my core. Once the fat starts coming off, I was amazed at was was under it!!!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Yum! You look great!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Awesome job.:laugh:
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Woooooooooooooooow, what a haaaawt body.......

Well done, that's amazing.
  • gisii
    gisii Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    wowowowowoww u look great!!!!!!!!
  • Emmagarratt2010
    Options
    Witwoo!! Lookin good. well done!! x
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Dang!! You look awesome! What have you been doing?

Thanks...my workout consists of a 3 day lifting split (Push, Pull, Legs), with reps of 6-10 x 3 sets of 3 exercises per body part. Blend of compound movements and focused movements. Added in 15 minutes of HIIT cardio before and after my strength workouts. On my 3 off days, I did 45-90 minutes of cardio at a lower intensity. Took one day a week off, or if I felt I was overtraining two days off.

Work on eating very "clean" (lots of brown rice, chicken breasts, egg beaters) during the week, and giving myself a 'free day' from Saturday afternoon to Sunday morning...eating whatever I want. (Similar to the old Body for Life concept.) One other thing that helped me immensely was eating the same thing for breakfast every day without fail. (Worked out a 400 cal breakfast with a great blend of carbs and protein that I really enjoyed eating.) Lunches became "fuel breaks" not meals - ate very clean foods - turkey breast, kidney beans, egg whites, brown rice, etc. with an occasional Subway sandwich mixed in. Then my dinners were much more creative and more flexible, but smart.

That's about it...just took a mind change. If I can help ANYBODY out there, please add me and message me, I want to make sure I can help out anybody who wants it.

I did Body for Life before kids and had great results. After kids, it is much harder to follow! LOL What was your breakfast? I'm always looking for a good carb/protein mix in the morning. I'm a big fan of HIIT workouts, congrats again on being so close to your goal!
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Wow.....Whatever your doing....stick with it my friend...abs look amazing!...very impressive!

Love the attitude too and that's really where it all starts...looking in the mirror one day and deciding...no more! I remember that day long ago and I refuse to ever go back!
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    wow!!!! you look FANTASTIC!! :blushing: Way to go! I'm gonna have my boyfriend do what you did! hehehe :laugh:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    you look great!
    i must admit, i'd stare at you if u walked by me w/out a shirt on!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    You look amazing! It's just something about a Man's Toned Body that makes us girls wanna Stop & Stare :blushing: :laugh: :tongue: You've worked hard for this & it's obviously paying off! I could look at you all day long. hehehehhe.

We don't see guys pics of before & after as much as Ladies here on MFP but I gotta say it's the toned bod that speaks volume over actually weight loss (don't you think ladies?) remember Boss's posts?

Your on it:drinker: Good Job!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Very nice, such a difference. I bet you feel amazing!!
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! What an AMAZING job you've done!!! Thank you for the extra motivation!!!!
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work, it has paid off!!! I'm going to show this to my husband. He looks similar to your "before" picture and wants to look like your current one. Thank you for being an inspiration!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Great job! I know you are proud!!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!