Anybody new to MFP like me?

Options
2»

Replies

• Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I just started using MFP this Wednesday and have definitely not skimmed the service of the functions of this yet.

I do think we live close, so I can really be on your case if you're not logging your meals :P
  • Tiff0320
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    Good to see other men about! I too am from Australia so not too far away, just down the road in Brisbane.

I'm not by any means knowledgeable in the area of health and fitness though I have heard of starvation mode. I think the main thing would be listen to your body, if you aren't hungry, you are losing weight and feeling fine then keep going. At least that is how I'd think to go.

I've done a few diets over the years, most successful was doing the Tony Ferguson meal replacement shakes for almost a year. Lost something like 40kg but I've since put most of that back on. I was keeping it mostly off for a while but then I injured my knee (torn meniscus) and had subsequent issues with blood clots that required me to be on warfarin for a year which just knocked me about and I slacked off. Tried weight watchers with minor success but in reality I wasn't motivated.

This year a gym opened at my place of work so I joined mainly thinking of doing cardio (treadmill) to get moving again and well here I am starting to track my intake etc and feeling motivated to change (for a change)!
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I've been here a month you or anyone else is welcome to add me. I'm always on the lookout for positive people too. I'm pretty dedicated to my workout regimen and tracking my food, so I will always be here.
  • KazSmith68
    Options
    Hey I joined in September this year, I love this site. I'm from New Zealand and love new friends to give and receive support. I have lost 14kg since joining so if anyone wants to add me please feel free. :flowerforyou:
  • rose944
    rose944 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I am pretty new to MFP and I am looking for friends to get some support from. So far I have lost 15 pounds in 1 month. Add me!
  • Init2winIt79
    Options
    Hey! I'm new to MFP too! The names Karen & I'm here for weight loss and keeping the weight off. I've read many success stories that started here and I'm looking forward to joining them on the side that's greener.
  • Init2winIt79
    Options
    15 lbs?! that's amazing! way to go!Keep it up!
  • chobbler
    chobbler Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm newish too! Please feel free to add me and i'll do the same. I'm doing a mix of Paleo, MFP and Insanity.