What Are Some Good Diet Plans and Work Outs?

Options
i'm fairly new to dieting, eating healthy, and exercising. i would really like to lose about 30 pounds. i'm always on pinterest and so many people pin diet plans and work outs but i just never see them actually say wheather it works or not. I'm posting this because i want real people who struggle as i do with losing weight to tell me what plans they love and what really works! post your favorite diets, recipes, work outs, and everything in between and how it worked for you! thank you so much in advance for all the responses!

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Small calorie deficit ....walking....and some sort of lifting of heavy stuff....works( for me) :)
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should talk to a nutritionist. The key is to make the way you eat a life style and not a fad diet. Eat lots of fresh vegetables and frutis, lean protien, drink plenty of water, get enough sleep and exercise. Try to avoid eating junk food or fast food. Best of luck!
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    i'm fairly new to dieting, eating healthy, and exercising. i would really like to lose about 30 pounds. i'm always on pinterest and so many people pin diet plans and work outs but i just never see them actually say wheather it works or not. I'm posting this because i want real people who struggle as i do with losing weight to tell me what plans they love and what really works! post your favorite diets, recipes, work outs, and everything in between and how it worked for you! thank you so much in advance for all the responses!

Set your goal to 1 or 0.5lb to lose - don't rush it when you don't have that much to lose, focus on losing inches not lbs(measure yourself now if you haven't already)

Aim for the deficit MFP has set for you based on your goals
    Eat your green calories
    Do strength training at least 2 or 3 days a week
    Eat nutritionally dense foods but don't beat yourself up over icecream sometimes

You will find this is a healthy non exteme way to lose weight, may not be fast but it will be maintainable
  • ducoteycd
    ducoteycd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a high protein and fat(healthy fats of course :D) diet with very little carbs and about a 500 calorie deficit and I've never felt better! Every weekend except for the first one I have like a 24 hr window to eat what I want(high carbs) within reason.
    This coupled with 4 days of strength training and 2-3 days of cardio per week is working great for me!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Options
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I personally lost 60 lbs in several months on Atkins and I wasn't even counting the carbs I used in Spenda, lol. I did minimal exercise but I have increased exercise and carbs, lol
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean by "diet", but if you mean eating only certain foods for a certain amount of time and then completely going back to your old ways, you're setting yourself up for failure.

Instead, like people above me have stated, until you decide this is a lifestyle change and are willing to revamp the way you eat (this being said, you actually get delicious treats all the time when calorie counting. unlike fad diets, you eat what you want when you want it in moderation. because this is your LIFE now, not something that will end in a few months and then you can have chocolate/whatever again in unlimited quantities. If you're really committed to losing this weight, you'll take the advice everyone will give you here. Calorie count. Eat healthy. Exercise. These are things we've been told for hundreds of years, but people seem to think we need special diets to lose weight now. Try it for a month, and you'll see that I'm right. Unless you medically need to be on some type of restrictive diet, don't waste your time.

Whether or not you accept this advice is up to you, but know that what we're all saying is there is no easy way or diet plan that you need to follow.

Ultimately, this is your life and you can choose what to do with it. But the only real way you'll lose weight and then keep it off is by making sure you do not exceed your calorie limits.

Read the thread AnvilHead provided, and look up "in place of a roadmap" on the search.

There is no magic food, just as there are no "bad" foods really. It's all how you choose to prepare it. That means that diets are not necessary, and OF COURSE you'll lose weight if you have a limited calorie count. Those are what the diets are all about, yet they seem to try to tell you that you need to completely cut out carbs, fats, this or that. It's stupid. You need those things to live. Please take the time to do research here on MFP to find out how to healthily lose weight, because diets usually are not very healthy for you.