I'm trying in Kansas

nursehaley
nursehaley Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone!!

So- I have never been EXTREMELY overweight, nor have I ever been 'skinny'. I had a baby 3 months ago, and reached the biggest that I have ever been- (I am 63" and weighed in @ 174lbs)- and fell into the 'obese' category @ the Doctor's office. I am a nurse, and I never thought that I would be "obese". So, thought it was time to do something about it!!

I went out and bought a treadmill, and last week I joined myfitnesspal and started calorie counting. This is the easiest form of dieting for me, since I get satisfaction from great tasting food. Doing it this way, I can still eat whatever I want, just have to watch the calories... (I may only get to have a bite, but it's still something!)

Since I have started my fitness pal, and calorie counting (just 5 days ago) I am down 3lbs. I already feel better, because I don't stuff myself until I am so full I might puke, and I am eating healthier foods. I feel like I have so much more energy than before. (and energy is everything to me since I have a 3month old baby and a 3 year old daughter!!)

I feel like I am doing a good job, but I know that I would do even better if I had some words of encouragement, and I would hope that I could help out someone else by being supportive of them! Is there anyone else out there that feels this way?

Good luck!!

Sincerely,
Trying in KS

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Welcome! We're glad to have you! It's really an eye opener to see what you have actually been consuming, isn't it? Where in Kansas are you? I'm in Larned.
  • having support is so important and you came to the right place for that! Everyone here is working toward a common goal and having the same struggles and triumphs. You can do whatever you want as long as you believe you can! It sounds like you are off to a great start and I'm sure you will have an awesome success story!
  • Mary,
    I am in Salina. It looks like you are doing amazing! 73lbs!! Way to go!! How long have you been working on it?

Krista,
    Thank you for your support. You are right- I am a true believe that if you believe, you will succeed! Good luck to you!!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Check out my profile - I've been at it for a year. I currently seem to be in a plateau, but not letting it get me down. Good to find a fellow sunflower here.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    i'm in wichita, but i have family in salina and i have to go up there often for business. i'll let you know when i'm coming, maybe we can get together for a walk or something!
This discussion has been closed.