Toxic relatives..

Options
Remove them from your life. Get away from them as quick as you can and make this your New Year's resolution! Your mind and body will thank you!

That is the single most important thing I did last year in order to take control of my weight, health and sanity.

No regrets!

Replies

• Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I have done that too you know what they say you can pick your friends but nor your relatives great advice
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Absolutely true. I never believe in the saying "blood is thicker than water". If a relative is toxic there is absolutely no reason to maintain a relationship and all the reason to break it. I did this years ago and changed my life for the better.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Lost a toxic "friend" last year myself. If I lost a lb- I got a dirty look and a speech about how hot she USED to be- that was I was doing was "too much" and back when she WAS hot - it came naturally.

She was so twisted about any success I had (not just weight loss) and so full of 'one upping' that I just quit her. She tells everyone I stopped calling - that is true, but she stopped being normal (something I dont tell ppl- I just let it go)

Feels good venting that one- thanks!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I have done that too you know what they say you can pick your friends but nor your relatives great advice
    I'm glad you were able to. It's not easy but wowww,,, didn't you feel like you should have done it years ago?? I wish I would have. On a sillier note here, my dad used to say you can pick your friends but not your relatives, but you can't shoot them either, damn it!! I will NEVER forget him telling me that. He's been gone for over 2 years now but I'll never stop missing his sense of humor. :)
  • TrailRunner61
    Options
    Absolutely true. I never believe in the saying "blood is thicker than water". If a relative is toxic there is absolutely no reason to maintain a relationship and all the reason to break it. I did this years ago and changed my life for the better.
    Good for you! I'm glad you were able to do it. It's not easy but wow is it worth it! Congrats.
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    yepper, toxicity comes in many forms!
  • TrailRunner61
    Options
    Lost a toxic "friend" last year myself. If I lost a lb- I got a dirty look and a speech about how hot she USED to be- that was I was doing was "too much" and back when she WAS hot - it came naturally.

She was so twisted about any success I had (not just weight loss) and so full of 'one upping' that I just quit her. She tells everyone I stopped calling - that is true, but she stopped being normal (something I dont tell ppl- I just let it go)

Feels good venting that one- thanks!
    Good for you! We need people who actually care about us and support us, no matter what is going on in our lives. Congrats on having the guts to do it! :)
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm glad you were able to do it. It's not easy but wow is it worth it! Congrats.

Good for you back at ya! :glasses: