First Responders Wanted

Options
I'm a retired FDNY deputy chief paramedic and a volunteer fire chief and county fire instructor. I did all this at an unhealthy weight that put myself and my brother firefighters and the people I served at risk. I'm getting healthier! I'm down close to 150 pounds, my bunker gear doesn't fit and I'm doing stuff now I wish I could have done for the last 15 years.

I'm looking for firefighters, EMS and law enforcement officers who need support and can give support towards the goal of being healthier, stronger, leaner and being better able to do the things we do.

If you fit this bill I would love to have you as a MFP friend!

Replies

• SpanksNotSpanx
    SpanksNotSpanx Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey Chief :) I've volunteered with my local PD(3 years) and COVA EMS in Albion NY since I was 13. I only got up to the level of First responder/driver after realizing that I get extreme motion sickness in the back of the rig, but now I co-lead our venturing crew and we've recently had 3 achieve their EMT Basics :) pretty proud!!!!
    I know that it's nothing compared to what you've done but if you'd like to chat feel free to drop me a line (also maybe http://www.myfitnesspal.com/campusdog77 who is a pretty cool fighter on my BL)
    Keep up the good work!!!
    -Courtney
  • campusdog77
    campusdog77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Howdy from a fellow firefighter from WNY. I am currently volunteering with Ridgeway Fire Dept serving as a fire fighter, EMT, and Company Treasurer. I am currently looking to drop some pounds for my person health and for the company and law enforcement career. Always looking for fellow brothers and sisters who are willing to help each other out. I would gladly apperiate your assistance and support.

Glen
  • Opie242
    Options
    Hey Chief, I am a former Federal Firefighter (Retired sort of speak) and a former P/T firefighter for Plain TWP (Canton) Ohio fire Dept. with 18 years of service I am now working as a Police Officer with 17 years of service in. I was diagnosed with 2 types of cancer and been in remission for a few years. I have gained a lot of weight after being declared in remission. I am 5'8'' and weigh in at 227 pounds. I wish to drop down to at least 190lbs. I am willing to be a support person as well. It's the only way that I can lose the weight is having support.

Scott
  • cheops69
    cheops69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Firefighter and peace officer. Friend request sent.