Re-visiting MFP

I joined MFP several months ago, but didn't really keep up with it. I've been considering weight loss surgery; have already done much of the pre-diagnositcs already. But I'm losing steam on the idea, and not sure that I'll actually go through with it. SO, this morning I decided to jump in again on MFP, and see if I can get on track, and back to a healthier program/lifestyle. I'm now in my late 50's, and it's SO much harder than earlier years. Not impossible, just way more difficult. Very frustrating!

Replies

• SpanksNotSpanx
    SpanksNotSpanx Posts: 31 Member
    Welcome back Buffy you aren't alone! I've hemmed and hawed about WLS several times and at my largest my dr even suggested it. My mother went through it and had a lot of success... but it's such a harsh surgery, and such a permenant solution to a problem I am BOUND AND DETERMINED to handle on my own. It's really difficult working your butt off and not seeing those instant results. I am all about instant results. If I work out I want to SEE those calories burned and know that I'm accomplishing something RIGHT THEN. :) But ... it's more of a power struggle .. giving up and accepting that as long as you're making that calorie defecit that the weight will come off even small bits at a time. :) HANG IN THERE and add if you would like!
    -Courtney