Vikes vs. Packers

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    if you are a fan of more than one team then you are a fan of none.

wow... so I can't be a Packers (born & raised in WI) and Cards (now AZ is home) fan?

Or a Flyers and Coyotes fan? Or a Brewers and Dbacks fan?

Guess I should just stop being a fan. no more nhl or mlb season tickets for me. They won't want my money since I' m not a fan...

nope. sorry. :( but you can still go to games you silly goose. you just cant claim them as one of your teams.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So does that mean I can't be a fan of musicians because I like more than one? Or a fan of anything else if I tend to like more than one???

No. musicians are not competing against each other. these rules apply to sports only.

examples of people who aren't real fans:

1. people with more than one favorite team.
    2. people who pull for teams from other cities.
    3. people who switch favorite teams.

etc... these are a few examples.

a worst case scenario is the Yankees, Patriots, Lakers, Duke Basketball, Alabama football fan.

edit to add there are some exceptions but they are few and far between. ex: a kid from Cleveland whos uncle played for the Cowboys(its ok that he is a cowboys fan)

Wow thanks buddy. I didn't grow up in the states so that is why my sports teams come from different cities. Jeez, you have a very narrow view don't you.

So anyways.....I am a fan..plain and simple and I don't think that anyone else is a better or worse fan than me for having just one team to root for or having teams only in one city etc.

GO Packers! :D

Hopefully I'll be able to catch the game tomorrow :)
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Texans Always! But for my Packers friend, who always cheers for my team ---- GO PACK GO!!!

except when they play the Texans :wink:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

wow... so I can't be a Packers (born & raised in WI) and Cards (now AZ is home) fan?

Guess I should just stop being a fan. no more nhl or mlb season tickets for me. They won't want my money since I' m not a fan...

nope. sorry. :( but you can still go to games you silly goose. you just cant claim them as one of your teams.

Don't listen to him. you are an individual and therefore can do anything you want. You want to claim them as one of your teams..you go right ahead and do it! Woot!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Wow thanks buddy. I didn't grow up in the states so that is why my sports teams come from different cities. Jeez, you have a very narrow view don't you.

So anyways.....I am a fan..plain and simple and I don't think that anyone else is a better or worse fan than me for having just one team to root for or having teams only in one city etc.

GO Packers! :D

Hopefully I'll be able to catch the game tomorrow :)

you are welcome...and i did say there were exceptions. you are a perfect example. of course you can have your favorite football team be from New York and basketball team from OKC since you werent born here.

this article explains everything about the rules and how to be a real fan. its a little old and has been updated but the gist of it is true.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/020227
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Vikings! Been a fan since I was little. My dad's side is from Minnesota, we had season tickets for years. I even have a Vikings tattoo.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

Don't listen to him. you are an individual and therefore can do anything you want. You want to claim them as one of your teams..you go right ahead and do it! Woot!

lol don't worry, I'm not. I have my reasons and know I'm a fan. Their opinion is irrelevant. :drinker:
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options

That mentality is really ignorant. That's like saying if you can only like one flavor of ice cream.

sports and food are completely different. so how many favorite teams do you have? 5? :D

My favorite team is the colts, but I have appreciation for other teams and players. I already addressed this above.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    id love to see Peterson break the record. it will be interesting to see if they keep him in if they are winning easily at the end. it would be nice to see him break a 70 yrd one early to make it exciting.
  • bringnsparkleback
    bringnsparkleback Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Go Pack Go!!! My dad is still mad about that Seattle vs Greenbay game tho and he talks about it every stinkin time the Packers play. He says it better not go down like Sea-town again! LOL. Gotta root for the Pack!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Go Pack Go!!! My dad is still mad about that Seattle vs Greenbay game tho and he talks about it every stinkin time the Packers play. He says it better not go down like Sea-town again! LOL. Gotta root for the Pack!

i cant imagine that call going against my team. lol for your dad's sake lets hope its a blow out :D
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Sooo I can't have a team i like best in each conference as well as a favorite team over all? Sorry dude, but your stupid rules just make you a homer. Some people prefer to be a fan of the game as opposed to an obsessive freak about a team. My team screwed over long time fans like me by signing a long-time rival QB, and it killed my interest in the team, but not my love of the game. Teams need to be loyal to the fans, too in order to keep that fandom alive. Also, rude fans will always ruin it for me. Getting that immature and boarish over a child's game played by grown men is the epitome if stupid.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Sooo I can't have a team i like best in each conference as well as a favorite team over all? Sorry dude, but your stupid rules just make you a homer. Some people prefer to be a fan of the game as opposed to an obsessive freak about a team. My team screwed over long time fans like me by signing a long-time rival QB, and it killed my interest in the team, but not my love of the game. Teams need to be loyal to the fans, too in order to keep that fandom alive. Also, rude fans will always ruin it for me. Getting that immature and boarish over a child's game played by grown men is the epitome if stupid.

these aren't my rules. these are THE Rules.

it is interesting i have noticed one common trend in all the people arguing with me in this thread. :)
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    who and why are you cheering for?

For me Vikes of course, nothing better than watching allen tie up a pecker head..... Uhhhh... I mean packer.

Have you watched a vike game? Packers all the way, only thing vikes have going for them is AP and that is it!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options

OMG, me too, we was robbed!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Rodgers to Cobb ... over and over and over ... for the Win.

Go Pack Go
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

What, everyone thinks you're a dumb@ss?

no. keep guessing. :) so how are your Lakers/Bulls/Heat doing this year? :D
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options

What, everyone thinks you're a dumb@ss?

no. keep guessing. :) so how are your Lakers/Bulls/Heat doing this year? :D

There's a huge difference in having two teams because you have two "homes" and jumping on the "popular" bandwagon. I live in Phoenix. I love the local teams. I support them. I buy tickets and merchandise but I also lived in WI for 25 years. You don't just cut those ties. If, and when, my teams play I always cheer for Phoenix. But I guess that doesn't matter to you because you blindly follow some espn blog as gospel. I could write "the rules" & post them on my Coyotes blog but that doesn't mean I am right. It means I have an opinion and others can agree or disagree. But whatever, lump me in whichever category you wish.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

There's a huge difference in having two teams because you have two "homes" and jumping on the "popular" bandwagon. I live in Phoenix. I love the local teams. I support them. I buy tickets and merchandise but I also lived in WI for 25 years. You don't just cut those ties. If, and when, my teams play I always cheer for Phoenix. But I guess that doesn't matter to you because you blindly follow some espn blog as gospel. I could write "the rules" & post them on my Coyotes blog but that doesn't mean I am right. It means I have an opinion and others can agree or disagree. But whatever, lump me in whichever category you wish.

you root for phoenix over the teams you grew up with? that is the definition of a bad fan.

and i dont blindly follow those rules. those are rules that most people have followed innately.

i too live in phoenix but i would never claim any of those teams as mine or my favorites. i do however want them to win because i like seeing my neighbors happy. and i want the coyotes to be successful enough so they stay in town and i can watch NHL games here.( but sadly it looks like that probably wont happen should have kept the arena downtown)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options

you root for phoenix over the teams you grew up with? that is the definition of a bad fan.

and i dont blindly follow those rules. those are rules that most people have followed innately.

i too live in phoenix but i would never claim any of those teams as mine or my favorites. i do however want them to win because i like seeing my neighbors happy. and i want the coyotes to be successful enough so they stay in town and i can watch NHL games here.( but sadly it looks like that probably wont happen should have kept the arena downtown)

now I'm a bad fan because I want the hometown team to win? hahahahahahahaha

And so you are well informed, the Coyotes aren't going anywhere. You will be able to watch nhl games here for a long time.