Need different ideas for dinners

mem50
mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
Sad but true. I am getting bored with my usual fare and need some new ideas. I'll try anthing at least once.

For anyone that responds, Thanks.

Replies

• mem50
    Anyone? Sigh.
  • magicherry
    magicherry Posts: 81 Member
    what is your usual fare? it's tough to suggest things if we don't know what you already cook!

for me, winter means soups, stews and lots of baked veggies (potatoes, sweet potatoes, brussell sprouts).

lentil soup: 1 cup of dry (any color) lentils (rinsed); 16 oz chicken or veggie stock and 16 oz water; 1 cup chopped carrots; 1 cup chopped celery; fresh ground black pepper; 1 bay leaf --- put it all in the crockpot, turn it on high for 5 hours. Optional: season to taste with sea salt or sodium free Mrs Dash if desired after cooking.

sweet potato fries: heat over to 425 degrees. Line cookie sheet with foil and spray lightly with Pam. Wash large sweet potato and pat dry. Slice into 1/2 inch thick rounds, or cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick strips to make 'fries'. Toss pieces in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil, a heavy sprinkle of cinnamon, a pinch of salt (optional). Spread evenly on cookie sheet and bake at 425 for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and soft to the touch. (Variation: Slice thinner and bake 10 minutes longer if you prefer crispier chips/fries.)

baked brussell sprouts (my husband HATES the smell of these): heat over to 425 degrees. Line cookie sheet with foil and spray lightly with Pam. Rinse raw sprouts and then slice off the bottom part (stem). Cut into quarters (cut in half; then each half cut in half). Toss in a bowl with a heavy drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper. Spread evenly on cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, then toss/turn on the pan and bake another 10 minutes. They should be slightly blackened or at least dark brown on the tips when finished. Season with parmasean cheese (optional).
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    I like eating breakfast foods for dinner sometimes to keep it interesting (omelet, pancakes, etc).
    Try making a homemade pizza.
  • I think I am gonna try the baked brussel sprouts! Sounds delicious!
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    http://nummersbynumbers.blogspot.com/

my blog may give you some ideas.....
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    check out skinnytaste.com
    lots of quick, yummy recipes.
  • psychedmom
    psychedmom Posts: 39 Member
    I second skinnytaste.com! It's awesome!
  • mem50
    skinnytaste.com here I come. Thanks so much.