Wight loss according to this site

newarkcatholicfan
newarkcatholicfan Posts: 13 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a few friends who are also using thissite and none of us come close to weighing what this site says we will after a five week period.

I know they like myself log in everything they eat and log in the minutes they exercise.

My question is this happening to anyone else?

Replies

• JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Yes, my weight has yet to be what they predict in 5 weeks ~ can get to be a bit disappointing!! And I log in my food and exercise and am behaving :)

Maybe someday..........

Good Luck!!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    That number is simply a formula, nothing too scientific.

Anyway... are you from Newark, Ohio?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    When you log your exercise are you eating all of the exercise calories? If so you may be eating too much, as the amount you log are not the extra due to exercise but the amount from exercise. What I am trying to say is your body would have burned some of those calories weather you worked out or not. lets say your body burns 2 calories per minute at rest and your half hour workout you HRM days you burned 240 calories. The number you should put into MFP would be 180 not 240 as the extra calories burned due to exercise are 240 - (30min*2cal/min)= 180. Hope this helps and maybe it is the difference but maybe not. Just remember everyone's body is different and calories burn at differing rates. Good luck and keep up the good work.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    I've stopped paying attention to the "prediction". I'm just happy to see the numbers on the scale going in the right direction, even if it's a bit slower. :happy:
  • newarkcatholicfan
    Not Newark but close,Buckeye Lake.
  • The prediction changes all the time due to your days calories. It says "if every day were like today, you would way..."" but everyday is not the same. I just stick to my daily calories and it works!
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    I am assuming you are talking about the little thing at the bottom of your food diary that says "In 5 weeks you will weight ____ lbs." That is based upon that days calorie intake and calories burned. It is only a "dumb" equation that goes (something) like this

Calories in - BMR - exercise calories = Deficit calories per day (actually, per THAT day)
    Deficit calories per day x 35 days/3500 calories = lbs lost (in 5 weeks)

The formula makes no account for things like water loss/ retention, development of lean muscle mass, daily variation in food intake/ exercise calories burned, your natural metabolism, etc... In fact, you will see that the message is different for each day, because unless you are just going through the motions and putting the same food and exercise down each day, you will have different calorie deficits each day.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Hope you don' t mind but I took a quick look at your food diary and can see why you are not losing as you would wish. First of all get rid of food that is enriched white bread, has sugar in it or anything like high corn fructose. These ingredients will slow your weight loss. I've lost 49 lbs since October following a food plan that basically states the following:

Eat something within 1 hour of waking up. This gets your metabolism working after sleeping all night and then eat every 2 to 3 hours all day long until 1 hour before sleeping. This will ensure your metabolism is burning fat all day long.

These are the suggestions for PER MEAL. I can see from your food diary right off the bat that you are not eating enough protein.

For Men:
    Total calories per meal should be between 400 to 600
    protein between 15 to 40
    carbs - 30 to 50
    fat - 20 to 30% or LESS of total calories
    fiber - at least 5 g (30 to 38g/day)
    sodium - LESS than 700 mgs per day

For women:
    Total calories per meal should be between 300 to 500
    protein between 15 to 30
    carbs - 30 to 45
    fiber - at least 5 g (20 to 25g/day)

Drink all your water and do at least 15 minutes of exercising per day. If you follow these rules, you will start to see the lbs dropping off much eaiser.

Christine
  • newarkcatholicfan
    Hope you don' t mind but I took a quick look at your food diary and can see why you are not losing as you would wish. First of all get rid of food that is enriched white bread, has sugar in it or anything like high corn fructose. These ingredients will slow your weight loss. I've lost 49 lbs since October following a food plan that basically states the following:

Eat something within 1 hour of waking up. This gets your metabolism working after sleeping all night and then eat every 2 to 3 hours all day long until 1 hour before sleeping. This will ensure your metabolism is burning fat all day long.

These are the suggestions for PER MEAL. I can see from your food diary right off the bat that you are not eating enough protein.

For Men:
    Total calories per meal should be between 400 to 600
    protein between 15 to 40
    carbs - 30 to 50
    fiber - at least 5 g (30 to 38g/day)

For women:
    Total calories per meal should be between 300 to 500
    protein between 15 to 30
    carbs - 30 to 45
    fiber - at least 5 g (20 to 25g/day)

Drink all your water and do at least 15 minutes of exercising per day. If you follow these rules, you will start to see the lbs dropping off much eaiser.

Christine
    I confess I did have white bread last week being the only store in this hick town that I love and live in did not have any wheat bread at the time and with all of the snow on the ground I was not able to get to the grocery store.

I have dropped 25 pounds since using this site and a total of 57 since I started this long slow process.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Slow weight loss is best. It will become more permanent if you learn how to eat and maintain your new healthy weight. I kept the 35 pounds I lost after my son was born off for 10 years. I just got lazy and it came right back.
This discussion has been closed.