In the wrong place???

jonboy51
jonboy51 Posts: 7 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Just a guy trying to drop some weight and get back in shape. This website looked like a good place to track calories and exercise, but so far I haven't seen any guys on any of the boards. Am I in the wrong place? So far (started seriously dieting on Monday this week) I've been pleased with the ease of adding foods and exercises to my daily tracking. It's really helped me to stay on track. I've also learned a few things from some of the messages I've read. I've never heard of this whole idea of having to eat up to a certain number of calories per day or your body would start to "hoard" the food and you'd stop loosing weight. I always thought if I cut back enough I'll keep loosing weight.

Anyway, thanks for the info and I'll just keep my head down and keep tracking my progress. I need to drop about 20 lbs by summer time.

Replies

• jonboy51
    jonboy51 Posts: 7 Member
    Just a guy trying to drop some weight and get back in shape. This website looked like a good place to track calories and exercise, but so far I haven't seen any guys on any of the boards. Am I in the wrong place? So far (started seriously dieting on Monday this week) I've been pleased with the ease of adding foods and exercises to my daily tracking. It's really helped me to stay on track. I've also learned a few things from some of the messages I've read. I've never heard of this whole idea of having to eat up to a certain number of calories per day or your body would start to "hoard" the food and you'd stop loosing weight. I always thought if I cut back enough I'll keep loosing weight.

Anyway, thanks for the info and I'll just keep my head down and keep tracking my progress. I need to drop about 20 lbs by summer time.
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 29 Member
    There are many men using and posting to this site (but I'm not one of them :happy: ). Check out the profiles of the members. It is sometimes the only way to tell what gender we all are, Good Luck.
  • I'm not a man, but there are lots of them on here. Give it a little time and you'll find them
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Right place. check out the goals part of the site. i have had to make custom goals to ensure that i dont loose muscle mass in my quest for better health and looks.

Dont hesitate to post there are many of us here and most post and reply.

glad your here.

Tim
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    You are not in the wrong place. The women just outnumber the men I think. But the site was created by Mike. We are glad to have you here

Good luck:drinker:
  • DevilDog
    DevilDog Posts: 37
    Definately more women around here.........but don't worry......the info and friendships around here are priceless.

Great Site.

DD
  • I think most of us guys just tend to be a little more quiet on the boards, but we are around!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    I think most of us guys just tend to be a little more quiet on the boards, but we are around!

Not I said me. LOL, I think I post more then all of the ladies combined. I have just had a really busy work week. Add that to the work I have been doing on the chat room and it leaves less time to offer up snide remarks on the boards. notice to the left below my picture, see how many posts I have?
This discussion has been closed.