Women with c-sections and a lot of weight too lose

Options
rgohm
rgohm Posts: 294 Member
I have roughly 125 lbs to lose to be at my optimal weight and I have had two cesarean sections and I am 35 yrs old. I was just looking at all the belly transformations and it made me wonder if I too could ever have a "flat-ish" belly. I am comfortable not having a perfectly flat stomach, I figure I earned my scars, but I am wondering if anyone on here has had their droopy post surgery bellies firm up and there by reducing the amount of saggy skin *cringe* overhang? I did see one c-sections scar but that woman didn't appear to need to lose as much as I do, she did look amazing though!

Replies

• LetsGetFitMama
    Options
    I would be interested in seeing this too. I am 28 had one c-section and have approx 80lbs to lose. I too fear the "overhang" effect and it would be great to see women who were more on the heavier side who had c-sections who lost a lot of weight to see how the stomach reacted. I am realistic thinking there might still be a pouch but I am hoping I can get it to where I can wear a two piece bathing suit without being super embarrassed!
  • cloza12
    cloza12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I also had a c-section with my first and I have about 102lbs left to lose. I have always wondered this so Im glad you posted. Watching.....
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I had about 40-45 lbs. to lose (have lost 42) and I had 3 c-sections. I still have some hangy skin on my belly BUT instead of going all the way around my body, the pooch is just a smaller section in the very front of my abdomen. I can now wear many things, including a 2-piece. Not a super skimpy one, mind you but a 2 piece. My waist is starting to dip in and my upper abs are getting some definition. I definitely feel and look better than I ever have. Sooo....although we may not be able to get the flat stomach we can only dream of, it is so totally worth the work and I say go for it!
  • fitnwhole
    Options
    bump *curious as well*
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    my wife had 3 C sections and between 90-100 lbs to lose with each kid She just put in the work, watched her diet and was back to 5'8 135 within 5 months. Its a battle, but the tiny little pooch doesnt go away, but you can still look pretty d@mn good....put in the work...in the gym and in the kitchen
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have modeling pictures after I had my first two via c-section but I'll have to get on my computer shortly to upload pictures. I was able to get a normal looking tummy.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I have modeling pictures after I had my first two via c-section but I'll have to get on my computer shortly to upload pictures. I was able to get a normal looking tummy.

how YOU doin? (joey voice)
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    my wife had 3 C sections and between 90-100 lbs to lose with each kid She just put in the work, watched her diet and was back to 5'8 135 within 5 months. Its a battle, but the tiny little pooch doesnt go away, but you can still look pretty d@mn good....put in the work...in the gym and in the kitchen

Actually it can I think it also has to do with the elasticity of the skin. After two c-sections I had a flat stomach with no pooch.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options

how YOU doin? (joey voice)

Lol
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I have had two c-sections also. I started with needing to lose 115 lbs. With 58 more lbs to lose it is not looking good, lol. I think I am ok with having the pooch. At this point I am happy to be fit and be able to do so much stuff I would not have been able to do before. If the belly tightens up that will be great. I will do my best to get in the best shape for me and if it never goes away I will be ok with that as well.
  • JustPeachy044
    Options
    ModifiedMama, I hope the OP has your results, although it seems your experience is more the exception than the norm.

And OP, hopefully you consider your children worth that little tummy. I have a dear friend who would give her right arm to get pregnant and can't. My 3 are worth every stretch mark and the tummy.
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    ModifiedMama, I hope the OP has your results, although it seems your experience is more the exception than the norm.

And OP, hopefully you consider your children worth that little tummy. I have a dear friend who would give her right arm to get pregnant and can't. My 3 are worth every stretch mark and the tummy.

I definitely feel they are worth it, that is why I said I feel I earned my scars. If I could have my young taut body back but not have my kids I would say NO! They are 19 and 14 and I love them so much! I hope your friend is able to have a child(ren) someday, it is truly a wonderful experience as you you must know.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c sections myself my last was about 10 months ago.I have the dreaded flap of skin so to say im 30 to 35 lbs overwieght.If any of you have sucess with tummy workouts let me know.Im 28 going on 29 in feb my children are 19 months apart.I have had a tubal ligation too.Im wondering if its effecting my wieght loss at all. I would love to just have it shrink enough so I no longer feel the need to wear shapewear under my jeans.It is well constricting I dont wear any clingy tops or thin fabric because to be qiute frank you can see my sqiushy tummy.I just want to shrink it I dont care if I look like I did before I had children just a little less sqiushy.Oddly enough I can wear the same jeans I was wearing before my last pregnancy.Just my stomach was so strechted probbaly because I m 4ft 10 and have no room and well my last was 8lbs 6oz .Anyway I hope there are more sucess stories on here about wieght loss and getting rid of the sqiushy.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I had a C section in 1996 the little scar is all but gone from the bikini line.

At the time before I got pregnant I was around 130lbs. I had my second child 2 years later without surgery.

At my heaviest at 5ft 4in I have been 178lbs.

My scar has always been there and I have always had a little tiny fold over it even though I have lost 48lbs and exercised.
  • JustPeachy044
    Options
    Great, glad you feel that way. I work in a profession that sometimes brings me across parents who don't seem to appreciate their blessings. I agree with you 100%...that said, it's too bad we can't have both--the bod AND the beautiful children! :)
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Wondering the same thing. I've had 3 C-sections including one with a set of twins. My core is demolished.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I read stories in Fitness Mags. from women who have nice abs years after kids. It just takes time.
    I'm 4m PP and at my pre-ph weight, my pooch is smaller than it was 4m ago but I still have a lot of jiggle when I do jumping jacks or power jumps (I'm doing Insanity).

I figured I had the excess fat for years plus 2 pgs that grew my stomach 5-6 times it's normal size in 6 months, twice, so it will just take lots of time for things to go back to semi-normal. I just keep moisturizing , exfoliating and waiting.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have roughly 125 lbs to lose to be at my optimal weight and I have had two cesarean sections and I am 35 yrs old. I was just looking at all the belly transformations and it made me wonder if I too could ever have a "flat-ish" belly. I am comfortable not having a perfectly flat stomach, I figure I earned my scars, but I am wondering if anyone on here has had their droopy post surgery bellies firm up and there by reducing the amount of saggy skin *cringe* overhang? I did see one c-sections scar but that woman didn't appear to need to lose as much as I do, she did look amazing though!

In my experience, you may have a little pooch, but the majority will go away.

I started in february with 80-90lbs to lose. I have lost 33lbs so far. My belly has shrunk. Not to be graphic, but back then my pooch was so big that to touch my c-section scar, I would have to literally lay on my back and grab a handful and move a section of it. Now I can find my hip bones, and my whole pooch is a generous handful. Not sure I can get a totally flat belly, but I think I can get close.
  • eandrsmom
    Options
    Personally, I had two c-sections and am about 45 pounds into a 60 pound loss. I will say that my stomach is flat with the exception of a little pooch which continues to shrink. I am starting to see oblique definition which gives me hope that I may have something that resembles a pretty belly in 15 pounds. :-) Be proud of those stripes!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight I only had 40 to lose and I didn't have it very long and got rid of my stomach..now 2 more c-sections later and many years to add with the extra fat, I don't think I will be able to lose it this time.

Your age, genetics and how long you have carried that weight all play a role.. I would think if you only gained that weight during pregnancy then you should be able to lose it but if you were over weight to begin with for many years it might be harder to do.

I read making sure you drink a lot of water and lotioning your belly helps..it needs that elasticity to help it bounce back. ALONG with lifting weights..gotta build that muscle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!