Truth or Myth?

Options
2»

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Myth.

Your body burns calories 'round the clock. You don't need to exercise before bed. Honestly, sounds like one of those things that gets spread around communities that promote starvation.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    OK obviously I can't ask a simple question without getting a lecture from people who I don't know and don't know me. All I wanted to know is if I burnt calories in my sleep if I worked out right before bed the 45 calorie thing was just an example I don't care if I burn off my tea or not like you all said its not important. This is my last post and I'm not going to respond to this thread anymore I got my answers I don't need a health class too.

45 calories doesn't matter no matter when you eat it especially when you're severely undereating like you are.

These responses were out of genuine concern and some from people who have been down similar paths as you before. But how dare they try to collect as much information about the situation as possible before they post an answer... such ignorant rude people, right?
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Myth.

Your body burns calories 'round the clock. You don't need to exercise before bed. Honestly, sounds like one of those things that gets spread around communities that promote starvation.
    ^^^^^^^
    THIS
    And OP, don't be so thin skinned....we all are here to learn more and reach optimal health.
    Good Luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    OK obviously I can't ask a simple question without getting a lecture from people who I don't know and don't know me. All I wanted to know is if I burnt calories in my sleep if I worked out right before bed the 45 calorie thing was just an example I don't care if I burn off my tea or not like you all said its not important. This is my last post and I'm not going to respond to this thread anymore I got my answers I don't need a health class too.

You are getting a lecture from people who know more than you do about nutrition and fitness. Once your apparently hurt feelings subside about this, you would do well to listen to that lecture in the interest of your health.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

tumblr_m6wsztpCCT1qf5z7ko1_500.gif
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I got my answers I don't need a health class too.

Oh, but you do......
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options

They are simply giving you valuable advice which would really do you good to listen to.
    Also, your username is awfully familiar with an eating disorder book...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i'm sort of sorry i missed what the OP was before it was edited.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    This thread is sad.
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You've deleted most of your comments, so I'm probably not getting the whole picture. But from the bits that have been quoted, like this:

http://fattyfightsback.blogspot.com/2009/03/mtyhbusters-starvation-mode.html
    1200 will not loose me weight especially since I can't burn that much in a day I don't have money to go to a gym I have to buy any supplies via xmas money and what little i get from my paychecks that do not cover bills, my house isn't big enough to hold any decent workout equipment ether. So i can't burn more than maybe 300 cals a day max. I eat less to make up for the lack of calories I can burn. I love this article because it exposes the fraud of the magic 1200 which does nothing. You need to eat what you can properly make up for by exorbitance and I simply don't have the means to make up for that many. There is nothing majoc about 1200 cals its just blowing smoke up our rears and I'm not wasting my time on that wives tale XD

Yeah. I've been there, and whatever's going on with you, you have my sympathy. This is what my mom taught me for my whole childhood. Burn off more than you take in. If you can't exercise much, eat less. Fat people like us need to eat less because we have plenty of stores to burn without eating. Etc etc etc. So I lived a life for decades where I ate 1000, and couldn't exercise enough to burn it off, so then I ate 800. And then 700. And then I started falling asleep all the time and couldn't summon the energy to even participate in phys ed, let alone go to the gym and work out on weekends. Never occurred to me as a kid, or a teen, or even a young adult, to question. Parents are always right, no? I was 25 or 26 before I realised that my mom had an eating disorder, and so did I. I thought life was normal, that things were just difficult because I was lazy.

People here are telling you to eat more because they're worried. If you're eating 800 you're damaging your health, but if you're eating 300 you're quite literally killing yourself. Of course nobody can force you to take advice. But if you decide you want to come back at any point and ask questions and listen, there'll never be a dearth of people with good advice to give. I hope you decide to return. One of the big emotional effects of starvation is fluctuating moods - anger, irritability, depression, a tendency to overreact and think that people are against you. They're not, but it's hard to remember that when your brain doesn't have enough energy to function properly. If you're really eating as little as 300, I'm guessing you feel pretty awful most of the time, emotionally as well as physically.

Life doesn't have to be like that.
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You've deleted most of your comments, so I'm probably not getting the whole picture. But from the bits that have been quoted, like this:

1200 will not loose me weight especially since I can't burn that much in a day I don't have money to go to a gym I have to buy any supplies via xmas money and what little i get from my paychecks that do not cover bills, my house isn't big enough to hold any decent workout equipment ether. So i can't burn more than maybe 300 cals a day max. I eat less to make up for the lack of calories I can burn. I love this article because it exposes the fraud of the magic 1200 which does nothing. You need to eat what you can properly make up for by exorbitance and I simply don't have the means to make up for that many. There is nothing majoc about 1200 cals its just blowing smoke up our rears and I'm not wasting my time on that wives tale XD

Yeah. I've been there, and whatever's going on with you, you have my sympathy. This is what my mom taught me for my whole childhood. Burn off more than you take in. If you can't exercise much, eat less. Fat people like us need to eat less because we have plenty of stores to burn without eating. Etc etc etc. So I lived a life for decades where I ate 1000, and couldn't exercise enough to burn it off, so then I ate 800. And then 700. And then I started falling asleep all the time and couldn't summon the energy to even participate in phys ed, let alone go to the gym and work out on weekends. Never occurred to me as a kid, or a teen, or even a young adult, to question. Parents are always right, no? I was 25 or 26 before I realised that my mom had an eating disorder, and so did I. I thought life was normal, that things were just difficult because I was lazy.

People here are telling you to eat more because they're worried. If you're eating 800 you're damaging your health, but if you're eating 300 you're quite literally killing yourself. Of course nobody can force you to take advice. But if you decide you want to come back at any point and ask questions and listen, there'll never be a dearth of people with good advice to give. I hope you decide to return. One of the big emotional effects of starvation is fluctuating moods - anger, irritability, depression, a tendency to overreact and think that people are against you. They're not, but it's hard to remember that when your brain doesn't have enough energy to function properly. If you're really eating as little as 300, I'm guessing you feel pretty awful most of the time, emotionally as well as physically.

Beautifully said! I'm sorry you had to live like that, but I am glad you have found your way out of it :flowerforyou:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Amazing post.
  • NordicAlien
    Options
    Beautifully said! I'm sorry you had to live like that, but I am glad you have found your way out of it :flowerforyou:

Thanks. I'm still working on it, but we'll get there. I hope OP does too.
  • NordicAlien
    Options
    Amazing post.

Thanks. :)