Runner's Diet Book

Options
Has anyone ever read the Runner's Diet Book? I got an email about it today and was wondering if it was worth it.

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I have seen it around but never read it. I would be interested to see if anyone on here has. There are a lot of reviews on Amazon.com about it, if I remember correctly.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Like Chenoachem says, read reviews! If there aren't many on Amazon, look elsewhere (Google search reviews and the book title). If they all sound good, I'd say purchase it (for the lowest price possible, of course)!
  • RentThisSpace
    RentThisSpace Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've personally never read it. I'd go with the suggestion of checking around on Amazon or similar sites (Barnes and Nobles, Borders) for reviews. Like all books, probably not everything is applicable to you, but I bet there are several good ideas that you could incorporate.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    i would try your library 1st. never heard of it. Mark Bittman is a runner and a chef and has a great book out. He also will write for RUnners World magazine
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I saw it in Borders the other day and was looking through it. Some of the recipes looked really good. They do have come calorie breakdowns for you and all the recipes are broken down (i.e. recovery, training ect.)
  • becabunny
    Options
    I picked up Nancy Clark's food guide for new runners a few months ago and I really like it! The banana bread is YUM
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    I haven't read it myself, but there are a LOT of bad reviews on Amazon. Apparently the woman who wrote it isn't even a runner? :tongue:

I did see a new cookbook called The Athlete's Palate that looks kinda cool.
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My friend told me about Nancy! I've checked out that one too.
    You should check out my friends website...she's a nutritionist.
    http://www.HealthyLivingHealthyFlavors.com (This is her website)