over 50 and a bad knee

Options
ka7iug
ka7iug Posts: 6 Member
I am loving MFP! I joined last year, worked on losing for only three weeks and then stopped. Now this year the arthritis in my knee has gotten so bad that the doctor said every pound you lose will make the knee better. I am trying to put off knee surgery. I am 58 years old and I am 5'5. My starting weight this time was my highest at 272. My goal weight is 195 to start. I can't run or walk aerobically at the moment but trying water aerobics twice a week. And I have already lost 16 pounds. I am taking a new weight loss theory this time and setting only six pounds a month. I should reach my goal next November. I'm okay with this. I took a 12-month calendar and wrote each month's goal on it.. This seems more manageable than "I need to lose 25 or 50 pounds". Feeling good about this slower process.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!