For those who OVERATE xmas eve/day - by how much?

I went over by about 1500 xmas day and 700 xmas eve.
But have gone over a few days since as well.

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    i ate over by about 800 cals each day. Soooo worth it!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    I ate about 9,000 calories over that weekend, but I don't consider it "overeating." It was just eating. It was a lot, but there was nothing wrong with it.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    I ate over 600+ on Christmas Eve but it was all alcohol. lol
  • HayleeWho1122
    HayleeWho1122 Posts: 57 Member
    .....probably at least 1500 each day..... but who's counting? :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Past is past.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    I didn't really overeat calories, but I did overeat junk. When most of your calories come from cookies and eggnog it's never a good thing!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I ate over by about 650 calories on xmas day, but some of that was wine! I didn't overeat the other days, although I did eat some of my exercise calories, which I don't usually do.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    i ate over about 300 - 400 cal...so not too much
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Over Christmas Day/Next day, I consumed a little over 8000 calories. Normal day is 1500. So about 5000 over in two days.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    I didn't really overeat calories, but I did overeat junk. When most of your calories come from cookies and eggnog it's never a good thing!

LIES!!! Those are GOOD carbs!
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    I didn't really track dinner both nights... my guess doing an after the fact guess was around 200 over on Christmas eve & 600 Christmas day... I weighed on yesterday and lost around 2 and a half pounds... so I guess in the end it was no big deal...
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    - 589 christmas day - mainly alcohol
    and had 966 spare christmas eve - prepping for christmas day
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    This last week I have been over by about 200 cals every day, Christmas was 755 over. I have gained 3 kgs so not happy. :grumble: Mind you we are having a heatwave here in Perth WA so exercise has been down as well; I ate a lot more desserts than normal; plus some alcohol.

All the Christmas excess foods gone now or in the freezer so back to a better way of eating and some exercise (might have to be the stationary bike because heatwave continues until after New Years Day)! :laugh:
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    I logged Christmas Day (for comedy value)

An average day for me is 1545, and I ate 4536

2991 over....Woo Hoo!

I was straight back on my grid on Boxing day though.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    I ate about 9,000 calories over that weekend, but I don't consider it "overeating." It was just eating. It was a lot, but there was nothing wrong with it.

This. There's no such thing as overeating on a holiday. Enjoy guilt free time with your family.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Didn't bother to log it. Well over....like probably in the 1500-2000 calorie over my target. Just thinking about all the breads and pies and cheesecakes..... *drool*
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member

That is a good attitude to have, my bf takes that attitude towards eating as well.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    I really think Christmas and Christmas Eve are over rated too.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    I tracked and was fine Monday. Tuesday I ate too much...Wednesday I ate too much...Thursday I ate eh...a bit too much. However, I worked out Monday and yesterday and today...so those calories are now torched...and moving on to torching the other stored calories hanging onto me. :bigsmile: About 70,000 of them or so...not that I'm counting...
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    a lot, I kept track a bit but not accurately. Meh, key is to get back on track.