Walk Away the Pounds Help

Options
How would I log Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile walk with Leslie Sansone. I kept at her pace and did all the arm movements for 15 minutes. I know it wont be exact for my weight but I need a rough guess. Also for the 2 mile walk

Replies

• tnewcom
    Options
    i need to know this too...i am starting it today!
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    You could log walking from the exercise database. Maybe even x number of minutes at a medium pace, x number of minutes at a fast pace. BUT...everyone burns different number of calories. If you really want an accurate number, consider investing in a heart-rate monitor.

For example, I do Jillian Micahaels' 30-day shred. I used to log it as 20 minutes of circuit training, which was about 160 calories. Now I have a HRM...one day I burned 202, the next 185, the next 220! Of course your effort is usually slightly different every workout, so I really like knowing these numbers as exact as possible.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I log it as Aerobic, light. You could probably log it as walking also.
  • ladysatin
    ladysatin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would just record walking a mile or for 15 minutes and not worry about exactly how much you actually burned. its going to be a rough estimate anyways. the important thing is to just stay at the right calorie amount for the day. i never record my exercise. i only do food. i lose over 2lbs every week. ive lost 52lbs since sept. good luck.
  • krkaiser
    Options
    I LOVE Walking Away the Pounds!! I have been doing it every night since January 1st, 2010. I do the 2 mile walk, and when I log it into my exercise tab I type in walking, and then the list comes up for you to pick from. I use 3.5 brisk pace, 30 minutes, 179 calories burned. For the 1 mile use 3.5 brisk pace, 15 minutes!!

I am so proud of all of us!! :)
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I log it as walking.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie and WATP's!

I am 5' 4" and about 190lbs. I wear a HRM ( Polar F6 w/chest strap) and for the 2 mile I burn 178 cals and then for the 3 mile 261. I usually use 3lb wts or 5 lb wts. Calories burned will be different for everyone.

The only way you will really know for sure is if you get a HRM. It takes into account your age, gender, wt, ht and min/ave/max heart rate. Definitely worth it! Good luck and keep walking!
  • 2bskinnyagain1978
    Options
    google it how many caloreis does the 2 mile walk on leslie sansones walk away the punds burn in however long the dvd is it should give u ana ccurate calorie burn i did it for the wii fit excecise and then created my own excercise now when i put in my time it calculates the calories for me,,
  • AnastasiaM28
    Options
    I logged it as aerobic-light. I LOVE her dvd's, I just bought one of her 4mile walks....Leslie just gets better and better!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i've been given this calculation to use:

take the total amount of minutes you worked out, add a zero at the end of that number and multiply by 2, that gives you an approximate amount of calories burned.

christine