New, love advice :)

Options
Hi! My name is Samantha, I am 21 and started this last week at the highest weight I've been at in my life. I have been working out everyday for a least 30 minutes since I started and staying under my calorie goal. Any advice would be wonderful :)

Replies

• Hey Samantha:) About 5 months ago I was exactly in you position. I was at my highest weight and that's when I decided to make a change.

I'm still learning and figuring things out as I go but the one of the most important things that I've learned is that the gym is where you build muscle and get toned and the kitchen is where you lose weight,

When I started to try to lose weight I would spend all this time in the gym but pretty much keep my diet the same. I didn't lose any weight if anything I might have gained a little :/ Now I only go to the gym about twice a week for an hour and I am trying to eat really healthy and stay under my calorie goal. My weight right now is the lowest it's been for about 3 years!

One day I hoped to be thin and toned but not muscular so I don't know what you're trying to accomplish cause what I want to look like in the end might be different than what you want so I'm just telling you what's worked for me and you can take what you want from it :)

Hope you find what your looking for!! :)
  • Workoutsahn
    Options
    This is something I've posted in the past. Hope it might help. Feel free to add me as well:

You probably hear this a lot, but there are a couple things to keep in mind when trying to lose weight.
    1. No matter what, a calorie is a calorie. It doesn't matter where it comes from. Eating 500 calories in cake is the same as eating 500 calories in salad.
    2. Know what your body can take when it comes to food.
    3. Don't overeat and don't try any of those miracle diets, because most of them will end up messing with your metabolism. It is better to eat a variety of healthy foods.
    It is also good to get some protien and healthy carbohydrates in your diet. If you are really trying to lose, I would stick to foods like salad, fruit, dairy, and, for extra protien, fish.
    As for exercise, do some cardio. In order to lose weight, you need to create a calorie deficit in your body. Burn more calories than you take in.
    Hope this made sense and/or was helpful.
    Good luck!