Any tips for easing nausea?

My whole family has been hit with a nasty stomach bug this week. I am starting to feel better, but cant get rid of this queezy feeling.
I've taken Gravol, Pepto, soda crackers, dry toast, and I am sipping on ginger ale right. I am desperate to feel better as I go back to work on Monday, and I want to play tennis!!

Just wondering if anyone has some tips that work for nausea!

Thanks in advance! I'm desperate.

Replies

• My husband swears by burnt and mean very black, toast. Our family has also been dealing with flu type symptoms this week. Once they finally give in and ate the toast, they felt better.
  • jafopriest
    jafopriest Posts: 6 Member
    Marijuana...
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    For safety's sake don't exercise when you have symptoms below the neck or are dehydrated.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Dramanine. (Over the counter motion sickness pills) Works GREAT for migraine nausea, too. I split it into two because the full dose makes me sleep. I've also done ginger root pills (can be found in the vitamin section in any store). I like those less, though, because sometimes they give me heartburn. If it gets really bad, I lay down with a cold ice pack behind neck. I'm not sure why, but that will often settle me.

I get nausea often. It's awful. I hope you feel better soon. *hugs*
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Ginger is good for that. I have a lot of nausea when my lupus is flaring and I generally do sprite or ginger ale, a little ginger sprinkled in my tea, dry bread or saltines, or maybe some broth. And take it easy until it clears up.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    ditto on the ginger. Does your ginger ale have real ginger in it or just flavored?