FitBit and Activity logging

Options
hey everyone. So i know theres a million posts but I figure someone will read this. I'm confused on the activity. i know that it says i should track the time in MFP but do I do calories too or does that get accounted for in my FitBit??
I'm afraid I'll over track my calories burned. i'm just not sure how to account for eveything

Replies

• GammaKathy
    GammaKathy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Your FitBit will track walking/ running activities very well and you don't need to do anything but link the apps. If you are doing strength training enter that separately in MFP. Biking stationary or outside doesn't track well with fitbit, so enter that in MFP. I haven't tried like elliptical or rowing, I would guess they would show that you were more active but maybe not accurately. When I first started the combination of FitBit and MFP about 3 months ago I found a place in helps on the FitBit page that gave a pretty detailed breakdown of how to keep the most accurate information.

Good luck with this. The combination is a tremendous help for me!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You can manually enter activity on FitBit with calories burned. When I weight lift or do cardio I use my HRM and then add to FitBit and it syncs over to MFP (must have the two linked).
    I only enter my activity on FitBit and only add food on MFP and just let the two sync with each other.
  • Gabbee140
    Gabbee140 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try to not eat your fitness calories burned...or at least not all of them, Fitbit does seem a little generous with the calories burned.