Midnight Snacks - How to avoid craving

Options
I find that my biggest issue with portion control are they late night snacks when I can't sleep. Drinking more water seems to help, but still have this issue. Any serious suggestions that has worked for you?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I eat fewer calories during the day. Then at night, I eat a lot. This solves the problem for me.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I eat fewer calories during the day. Then at night, I eat a lot. This solves the problem for me.

yep
  • fatbody23
    Options

I do sort of the same thing. I try and save 100 calories for a snack after dinner.
  • xF7x
    xF7x Posts: 143
    Options
    at the office I keep mixed nuts that helps with hunger and cravings. Also at home I try to keep those, but I keep some snacks made specially with that purpose, to keep a healthy snack that "helps" instead of affects.

Look for recipes online that would help you during those cravings, but at the same time, are good for your nutritional goals.
  • anitaplus4
    anitaplus4 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I wake up at night and eat...I don't even realize I am doing it. I need to figure out how to brake the habit though.
  • sonjalucia
    sonjalucia Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I generally save about 500 calories for after dinner. I know that sounds like a lot but that's generally how much snacking I want to do. I eat a small breakfast and lunch to compensate.

If I don't have the calories and I'm just bored, I paint. I'm an artist and it keeps my hands busy. If there's something like that you can do it might help keep your mind off of food.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I wake up at night and eat...I don't even realize I am doing it. I need to figure out how to brake the habit though.

at least keep the junk out of the house .........

if you have to eat something, make it decent food

a big chunk of cabbage or some celery or some almonds
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i wake up and punch a wholein my wall. Sadly, its now really cold in my house.
  • peterzion
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone. =)
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i like to look in the mirror and verbally degrade myself