Tattoos!

Options
Anyone else find them as sexy as I do? :D
I have 5 myself, maybe getting more...how about you all?
I have a swallow holding a banner on my right shoulderblade that reads "In memory of RJK" (my grandfather)
I have a dandelion blowing into the wind and turning into small birds on my upper left ribcage with the quote "Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."(if you can tell me where the quote is from you are my new best friend.)
I have a...fairly large owl on my left side/hip holding a pocketwatch that is stopped at the time of my grandpas death.
My right side is similar to a henna piece...
and I have a swallow with musical notes coming from its beak with the quote "imagination will take you anywhere"
Those are all mine so far!

Replies

• TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I love them. I find them sexy on both men and women, unless the tattoos are of poor taste, i.e racist..so on and so forth.
    I honestly have so many that it would take me forever to make a list. I have sleeves, hands, knuckles, back,leg, ribs, behind ears, and lower abdomen done. Oh and my chest.
  • daninicoleshreck
    Options
    I wanted to get one of my chest, and the wrists...and my collarbone...but not really something I can do if I want to get into Psychology as a job :/
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I will be getting my first one in February. I've waited 3 years to make sure I really want it and now Im getting it. Im getting a dragon! XD
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    I wanted to get one of my chest, and the wrists...and my collarbone...but not really something I can do if I want to get into Psychology as a job :/

Perhaps. My obgyn for my two older children had half sleeves that were hidden by his white Dr coat. You could get them all except the wrist ones, unless they are small and could be covered my a watch or bracelet.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything meaningful enough to put on my body... Maybe my grandmothers name in the future.. or if my hockey team wins a stanley cup.

I love how they look though and nothing against em.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've got some
  • LesleyGillan
    Options
    I have 1 tatt so far, it is on my hip and is an adaptation of the Australian Army rising sun hat badge. It is blue with black shadowing and instead of the crown in the middle it has the words R.I.P David .... my son. I plan on getting another down my side once I reach my goal.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt." is that from a book? I could google it I suppose but Billy Pilgrim rings a bell.
  • Missallison7691
    Options
    On my right shoulder blade I have:

"Love bears all things
    Love believes all things.
    Love hopes all things.
    Love endures all things.
    love never fails"
  • daninicoleshreck
    Options
    Lesley...Yes! Slaughterhouse 5 :)

and I love hearing about everyones tattoos...I wish there was an easy way to share photos here. XD
  • KrayKira
    KrayKira Posts: 230
    Options
    I have 8..
    They are all in my pics..
    All have meanings behind them & I have a few more I want.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    I can't think of anything meaningful enough to put on my body... Maybe my grandmothers name in the future.. or if my hockey team wins a stanley cup.

I love how they look though and nothing against em.

Some people require meaning in order to get a tattoo. I am not one of those people. Some of them have meaning and others are just a timeline of sorts of my life. I have penguins....I have fish...I have gamer terms..and hell, I even have a Hello Kitty Darth Vader.
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    I LOVE TATTOS!!!!!

Just thought I would get that out there first of all.

I love my husbands tattoos. When I first saw them, OMG lets just say that.

I only have 5 right now, but that will increase... lol

My shoulder has the birthflowers of my two daughters, my mom, dad and brother,

My other shoulder has an elephant

I have love one one wrist and family on the other,

And my husbands nickname on my right hand ring finger.

More to come!! :flowerforyou:
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I love them. I've wanted a sleeve, my story, going down my right arm since I was 17. Once I hit my goal, I hit the chair for my first session. I can't wait.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I have 4, 2 on each arm. I was sipposed to get my right turned into a half sleeve yesr, but the tat guy flaked on me. Rescheduled for next sat
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are HOT!!!

I have 3, will be getting at least one more. Also have my nostril pierced.

Ladybug on left ankle.
    Treble cleft with stars on top of right foot.
    Bow bracelet with my daughters name that I just got in November (see my ticker below).
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have a few.....
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I love my husband's tatts. I only have one, a flowery vine on my right ankle. For years I've wanted to get another one - a celtic butterfly on my back, using my kids' astrological symbols as the line detail in the wings. It needs to be pretty big for that detail, though, so I've hesitated. I might take the plunge once I reach my final goal weight.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    a celtic butterfly on my back, using my kids' astrological symbols as the line detail in the wings.

That is a cool idea!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I have 16, with plans for getting a couple more this coming year....have them all over...one on each wrist...but they are easily covered and 5 just on my back...all others in various places on my body.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I've got some

oh hai.