what qualifies as "exercise"?

Options
2»

Replies

• Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Like you I take a best guess, then track progress.
    TDEE is an estimate based on nebulous variables.
    I recall people logging in house chores as "exercise" instead of activity. It got me thinking.
    Could cleaning the kitchen be exercise?
    My solution was to buy a pair of 20 pound ankle weights, 10 pound wrist weights and a 60 pound weighted vest.
    When I am suited up with 90 pounds of added weight, it's exercise.

To the OP: keep doing what you're doing. It's working.
    If you're making progress, great, but if not, adjust. That's the best we can do.
    GOOD LUCK:flowerforyou:
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    OP, do it whichever way you want, just don't double count. If you're putting your walking into your TDEE (whatever that is-seriously, you guys over complicate this by a factor of 10), then don't log your walks. If you're going to log your walks, then don't put them into your TDEE.

*simple*
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Different articles that I have read said you have to get your heart rate elevated and keep it there at least 15 mins. to count as weight loss or fitness. I know it isn't much, but it lets you know anything you do above that adds to your fitness. People who state here they walk their dogs at a slow pace, in my mind haven't done anything, but thats up to them. if it's more than they did before, i guess it is of some help. The same for house cleaning. I don't know how much you elevate your heart rate!!

I'd like to add you to my friend list

Basil
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    If you change out of your normal clothes or work uniform to do it, it's probably exercise.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options