I can touch my toes!!!!!!!

Options
This might sound silly to a lot of you but to me its a great accomplishment! I was a dance and cheer coach for 25 years and during that time I was really limber, could still do a lot of gymnastics and dance my but off for hours! IN the last few years I've had multiple medical problems which led to a large weight gain and absolutely no physical activity. I started here on January 2nd, but I prev lost close to 10 pounds before I started here. I really stepped up my workouts in the last 8 weeks. yesterday after I worked out for an hour, I was doing my stretches and i bent over to touch my toes and i actually put my hands flat on the floor without bending my knees!!!!!!!

I know, silly, but I truly believed I would never be able to do that again! What an awsome feeling that was!!!! So to all you past cheerleaders and dancers out there, keep plugging away!!! The lifestyle change we are making is REALLY working!!!!!

Replies

• tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT! Keep up the good work :drinker:
  • CherryJellybean
    CherryJellybean Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Not silly at all!! GOOD FOR YOU!! Even little things like that are such a big deal! Congrats!!!
  • rach89652
    Options
    This is not silly! This is awesome! It's the "small" goals you reach that help get you movtivated to accomplish the next big goals! And as you can see from my signature, Im all about goals! Im proud of you! :)
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I also love being able to touch my toes. It's the small things like this that excite me and motivate me to keep going! GREAT JOB!!!
  • InIt2WinIt
    Options
    That is not silly in the least. I completely know how you feel. I was a cheerleader all through junior high & high school...captain my senior yr. I took gymnastics for 8 yrs, used to could literally put my feet behind my head. I have always managed to stay pretty limber through my weight gain, but the touching the floor, I am on my way too!!! BIG CONGRATS doll!!!
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Not silly, outstanding!! I used to dance, even when I was "chunky" I danced! It's a great feeling!!
  • thriving2slim
    Options
    GOOD JOB!!!!!! KEEP GOING.............:flowerforyou: