NSV.... I finally understand how it feels

Options
EdTheGinge
EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
Due to christmas I had indulged a bit more than the previous few months, not that bad but still enough to feel guilty. So when I returned from my sisters on Friday I went out for a run, ended up being 8.5miles. During this I got thinking about what I'd achieved since starting my MFP experience, a 5stone weight loss, 15% reduced bodyfat and more self confidence but still that wasn't enough. I then had a thought about a Marathon so researched it and saw that there was a local half marathon taking place in March, so I signed up.

Yesterday, buzzing to get started I went straight into town bought myself some new running shoes ready to start my training. I went out with the intention of a little run today as I was feeling a little sore from Friday and I ended up running just over 15miles. Ok so the time wasn't great but that can be worked on.

I am buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing.

Replies

• AliceRabbit13
    AliceRabbit13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great for you! I know I'm chomping at the bit to get back to regular Crossfit (stupid holiday hours don't jive with crappy work hours). It feels so good to get back at it - and I love your goal! I want to do a marathon, so my goals will be to train through 2013 in order to be ready for 2014. Here's to all of us doing things we didn't think we ever would!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    Great for you! I know I'm chomping at the bit to get back to regular Crossfit (stupid holiday hours don't jive with crappy work hours). It feels so good to get back at it - and I love your goal! I want to do a marathon, so my goals will be to train through 2013 in order to be ready for 2014. Here's to all of us doing things we didn't think we ever would!

Thank you, if all goes well and I'm still enjoying it I hope to maybe push onto a full marathon but that won't be anytime soon. Everything is possible :) keep on trucking
  • meggolego
    Options
    Way to go Ed!! You are going to do an awesome job on your Half!

Proud of ya!
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    Way to go Ed!! You are going to do an awesome job on your Half!

Proud of ya!

Awwww thank you, you like a proud mother hen ?lol
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, congrats its such an amazing feeling after you finish running! I myself had a similar experience, I signed up for a half marathon and one day I went for a run and my previous longest run was 10 miles and I ended up doing 15, later that evening I was soo tired but it felt amazing! :bigsmile:
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, good for you! I'm not a runner, but one of my New Years resolutions is to do the c25k program. I got running shoes fror Christmas, and once this snow melts off a little, I'm itching to get started.
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Yay!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!