Exercise killing me some days, other days I'm fine

Hey guys.

I do intervals on an exercise bike (30 mins total, 30 seconds "sprint", 1 minute "walking") and I've noticed that on some days I feel fine and refreshed afterwards and other days I'm completely exhausted.

Of all the times that this has happened, I've had a full night's sleep and have eaten beforehand. Any reason why this might be happening? I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything that could injure myself.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Totally normal. Carry on
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    I have similar issues with running...I call the tough ones 'cottage cheese runs' as it feels like I'm wading through thick, gunky, horrible cottage cheese! After one of those, I try to draw a line under it and get back to it on the next session.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Me too! I've wondered about the why's of this as well.
  • zen82
    zen82 Posts: 81 Member
    I have similar issues with running...I call the tough ones 'cottage cheese runs' as it feels like I'm wading through thick, gunky, horrible cottage cheese! After one of those, I try to draw a line under it and get back to it on the next session.

That is a perfect description! Sometimes I find it might be more like "treacle running"! :)

I get really amazing sports massages from a guy who used to play professional cricket. He is adamant that all physical things being equal, stress (eg from work) can affect your workouts - might motivate you some days but if its really bad it can mean you're more tense and more prone to fatigue. Also, your immune system might be busy fitting something off - you might not be "ill" but your body is expending energy making sure that you don't succumb!
  • I need some advice and help as I have broke my ankle and seems to be a slow heal, need excersises I can do so as not to reinjure, any suggestions?