LOL...the makers of PAM cooking spray are HILARIOUS!

Options
On the nutrition facts of PAM olive oil spray, a serving size is 1/3 second spray......

Since when are we counting in FRACTIONS of a second????? Do I need to sit with a stopwatch and yell "GO!!!!" and have my husband try to spray my pan before cooking?????

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will just spray away, without guilt....:drinker:

C'mon...just make the serving size a 2-3 second spray or something :wink:

Replies

• auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Shoot! That means I have to add something like 15 servings of PAM to my bread recipe! :laugh:
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    i agree, but if it helps a serving is one quick burst of a spray. if your finger stops moving, it's more than 1/3 of a second. :)
  • phollywood8785
    Options
    :laugh:
    On the nutrition facts of PAM olive oil spray, a serving size is 1/3 second spray......

Since when are we counting in FRACTIONS of a second????? Do I need to sit with a stopwatch and yell "GO!!!!" and have my husband try to spray my pan before cooking?????

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will just spray away, without guilt....:drinker:

C'mon...just make the serving size a 2-3 second spray or something :wink:
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I believe that they do that so they can label the can as no fat or calories in a serving. If it has less than a half a gram, I think they can label it as zero. If they made it a realistic serving size, they couldn't get away with it. It's a little misleading IMO. Kinda sneaky. But I do use it!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i saw that the other day and laughed too. :)
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well, there is like 273 servings in a can........thank god they didn't have a serving size as 1/273 of a can:bigsmile: :laugh:

That's like when you pick up a package of cookies or something, and you look on the back and the serving size is 1/3 of a cookie. Really people? :huh:
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    I believe that they do that so they can label the can as no fat or calories in a serving. If it has less than a half a gram, I think they can label it as zero. If they made it a realistic serving size, they couldn't get away with it. It's a little misleading IMO. Kinda sneaky. But I do use it!

I spray it like it's AquaNet or something!!! LOL I prob consume about 100 cals worth a day :noway:
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! I have not laughed so hard in a very long time!!!!!! That is HILARIOUS!!!! Thanks for the calorie burn!!!
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    OMG!!!! I have not laughed so hard in a very long time!!!!!! That is HILARIOUS!!!! Thanks for the calorie burn!!!

I love to contribute to a 6-pack in training!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Oh I disagree. Big Food :mad: would "NEVER" do anything dishonest :devil: or feed us things that they know aren't good for us:sick: . How dare you pick on those "FAIR", "SINCERE", and "HONEST" companies who are only trying to make our lives happier and healthier by providing us the highest quality, best tasting food they can. :huh:

P.S. If you don't pick up the sarcasm in this post, please go have your monitor and your eyes checked...:wink:
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Oh I disagree. Big Food :mad: would "NEVER" do anything dishonest :devil: or feed us things that they know aren't good for us:sick: . How dare you pick on those "FAIR", "SINCERE", and "HONEST" companies who are only trying to make our lives happier and healthier by providing us the highest quality, best tasting food they can. :huh:

P.S. If you don't pick up the sarcasm in this post, please go have your monitor and your eyes checked...:wink:

I am not sure I can get over the betrayal...................I bought bread crumbs the other day that had High fructose corn syrup in it!!! R U kidding????????????? I am making my own from now on.........My grocery trips are like 6 hours now, while I read labels....my husband is like, "where have you been???", and I must explain the betrayal from "The Man"
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    "one thousand one"... shoot! that was 3 servings! as i used to say to my kids 'one, two, three, that's enough for me'. :D
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options

I am not sure I can get over the betrayal...................I bought bread crumbs the other day that had High fructose corn syrup in it!!! R U kidding????????????? I am making my own from now on.........My grocery trips are like 6 hours now, while I read labels....my husband is like, "where have you been???", and I must explain the betrayal from "The Man"

HA! My grocery trips have become more frequent BECAUSE they started taking so long! I give 30 minutes a day now instead of 6 hours at once! Gotta love those labels!!

And speaking of breadcrumbs, the seasoned ones have an ASTRONOMICAL amount of sodium...homemade here we come!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I hate when the serving size is messed up! Why would Pancake Mix serving size be 1/3 cup dry mix when the instructions are like 1 cup mix, milk, egg, etc...... WHY can you not do like 1/3 cup prepared batter?? :mad:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

That's 100% correct. They are not the only company that does this misleading marketing.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Crisco spray I think show a 1 second spray and it's 1/2 gram of fat...at 1/3 second they don't have to show the fat!

If I remember correctly 15 sprays of I can't believe it's not butter has 2 grams of fat - and nothing but chemicals - when I realized this I started using small amounts of real butter instead...a tiny bit more fat but SO much better!
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    "one thousand one"... shoot! that was 3 servings! as i used to say to my kids 'one, two, three, that's enough for me'. :D

OMG LMAO!!!! :laugh:

I think "one thousand one" counts should be left for my PMS when I am counting the squirts of RediWhip going into my mouth:bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

OMG LMAO!!!! :laugh:

I think "one thousand one" counts should be left for my PMS when I am counting the squirts of RediWhip going into my mouth:bigsmile:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    LOL - Too funny - love all the comments here. It is a full time job keeping up with everything!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    LMFAO!!!

Ok now ya know I gotta go home and read my can of "shoprite" brand spray.... :laugh: