It's the last few days of 2012...

HelloSweetie4
HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
How was your year?

I was deteremined to make this year one of the best of my life because I turned 25 and that scared the crap out of me. It's had it's ups and downs. I'm still behind on bills and rarely have extra money to play with, but I would say this was one of my best years. I lost 30 pounds and made some fantastic friends that I know will be around for a long time. My confidence has doubled and I can finally say I feel comfortable in my own skin. I have learned to make the best of bad situations, so yes, even though I still have all the same problems as I did the year before, I did have a great year!

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Bump

Come on guys this is a good topic! lol
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    First off, this year friggin FLEW by!! I guess because it was an overall great year for me. I have the best circle of friends I have ever had, did a lifelong dream trek through the Himalayas, lost a ton of weight, grained confidence, etc etc. I hope 2013 is even better but slows down just a bit to enjoy the ride!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    I have done a complete 180 this year... I am looking in a completely new direction then I was this time last year!

Everything is new..!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Good.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Well it has had its ups and downs like every year....

But this year I have:
    *lost over 100 lbs
    *started lifting heavy
    *negative biopsy results
    *landed my dream job
    *found my confidence
    *went skydiving

=)
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Well it has had its ups and downs like every year....

But this year I have:
    *lost over 100 lbs
    *started lifting heavy
    *negative biopsy results
    *landed my dream job
    *found my confidence
    *went skydiving

=)

Can I have your year? MUAH!!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    2012 has definitely been a roller coaster ride. There was some amazing moments, like traveling to Europe for the first time and graduating college. There were also some bad times, like losing many loved ones within a 3-4 month period.

But this year had a lot of change too. I finally moved out of my dad's house, and got a full time job. I work 5 days a week and was able to get a car with some graduation money. It's weird living paycheck to paycheck so that I can pay loans, rent, bills, and groceries, but it has been worth it.

2013 I feel like will be an amazing year, and I know it will have progress in my weight loss as well.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    2012 has been a drag in some ways, but so very important. This is the year where I started losing weight and so did my family. I've gained so much confidence and I know I will make it this time. I expect 2013 to be my best year yet. I can't wait for it to begin!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    I usually do this with my family on New Year's Eve, look back at the best and worst bits of the year.

Worst bits: My husband had to have heart surgery in January. Which went OK but a week after he was released there were complications and he he had to go back into hospital. So that was very worrying, and he's still not back to full strength, but very well on the mend.

My cousin died very suddenly of cancer in March - we are all still coming to terms with that, and miss him very very much especially at times like Christmas.

Best bits: My son. Having been a school drop out a few years back, he turned his life around, and this year graduated from college with a 2:1 degree, has been working at lots of different events, and joined the TA. So 2 very proud Mom moments for me were his passing out parade, and the graduation ceremony in Royal Festival Hall London.

My daughter. She works at her career (dancing) so hard - she passed her A levels well, was awarded "Outstanding contribution to the school", and after 5 different auditions was accepted to a degree course in contemporary dance in London. And has survived her first term!

Husband and I went on our first cruise in June, and loved it so much we went on another in December. A whole new world of holiday possibilities is ahead of us!

My job is meh, but I have an interview in January for a new post that I'm quite confident about. Money worries are less than they've been in previous years. My weight loss hasn't been great this year, but I'm still hovering round 140 pounds. I managed to run 2 different 10k runs, and a relay leg of the Belfast marathon.

Lots to look forward to in 2013! Our much postponed post-wedding celebration is in January, we will definitely be cruising again, and I'm hoping to run a half-marathon!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    This year did fly by...

I met great people on here
    Lost 129lbs
    Went to South Africa (my ticker photo is actually one I took during a safari game drive there)
    Got a promotion at work
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    2012...on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd say it's been a solid 7.5. Room for improvement in many areas but for the most part I have a lot to be grateful for. My health is better than it has been in 25 years. We are very fortunate. My husband has a job that pays the bills and I'm very good at squeezing the life out of our pennies :-)) which it allows us enough that we can maintain the cars and the house and with luck we'll be able to squeeze in a vacation one day soon :-)

I'll turn 50 next December so I'm determined to make 2013 the best year yet! :-))
  • There's been some bad bits, but overall, I'd say it was a pretty good year.

I'll list some of my favourite moments from 2012

• I went to New York in January, saw Seminar on Broadway and met Alan Rickman and saw RENT Off-Broadway and got to hang out with my close friend who lives in Seattle that I hardly ever get to see!
    • My friends and I saw the touring production of HAIR and it was fantastic and we got to meet the gorgeous man who played Berger who we'd all been a little bit in love with since seeing the show on Broadway the previous summer.
    • I was in a play
    • I got a semester-long internship in the costume shop of a professional local theatre
    • I got a semester-long job in the costume shop at my school
    • I was assistant stage manager for a musical
    • My new nephew, Elliot was born.
    • I went to New York again in April, saw Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal perform, ran into John Lithgow on the street, went to a preview performance of Peter and the Starcatcher and FINALLY met Adam Chanler-Berat after being obsessed with him and trying to meet him at other shows I'd seen him in but failing, went back for the opening night of Peter and the Starcatcher just to see famous people, it was fantastic.
    • I was an assistant stage manager for a play
    • My previously mentioned friend from Seattle came to visit, we went to SeaWorld and Islands of Adventure and had a fabulous time.
    • I got a new (fantastic) job
    • I moved into a new apartment
    • I started going to more drag shows and ended up seeing some fabulous queens that have been on RuPaul's Drag Race, starting with Alexis Mateo and Alisa Summers (because they both live in the area.)
    • My nephew came to visit me for a weekend and I took him to SeaWorld and we had so much fun.
    • I went to New York again, saw Peter and the Starcatcher again, took a bus to Philadelphia for a RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars event and saw Tammie Brown, Shannel, Pandora Boxx, Jujubee, Raven, Mimi Imfurst, Yara Sofia (my FAVOURITE), Alexis Mateo, Manila Luzon, and Michelle Visage. Went back to the city and saw Newsies on Broadway
    • I was the production stage manager of a play -- my very first time being production stage manager instead of assistant!
    • Saw/met Sharon Needles, Raja Gemini, Latrice Royale, Manila Luzon again, Nina Flowers, and Pandora Boxx again.

So, I had a lot of adventures, I met a lot of people, I made some new friends, did some new things. I lost some weight and have finally started to feel a little bit more comfortable with myself... but that's a work in progress, but I'm going to keep working on it. 2013 is going to have even more adventures and will hopefully include me moving forward in pursuing my career. Maybe another move, this time to a new city (or even state?) and a lot of change. I'm looking forward to it.