Weight watchers points?

Options
2»

Replies

• kabertrand63
    kabertrand63 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome! I just rented from itunes Forks over Knives to watch on my way back from CA on Friday!
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    When I started I was allowed 33 points and now it's gone down to 32 points
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    It was fun at first, but I got really tired of calculating points really fast. It's so much easier to just log at MFP, and it all boils down to the same thing in the end - eat less/move more.
  • frenzytime517
    frenzytime517 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I know the formula to calculate your daily points. I'm on Weight Watchers. If you message me, I can help you out.
  • Dawn7664
    Dawn7664 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Counting points is a simple way of counting calories. I do both because I like MFP and knowing my calories intake and my calories and my points pretty much jive day to day. When my food is made up with poor calorie choices like bad carbs and fats the points are high, when my calories are a healthier choice the point value is lower.

I eat healthy and try not to take in any processed foods. "If it doesn't come from something living, I don't eat it".

Good luck everyone!
  • Dawn7664
    Dawn7664 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how many weight watchers points are allowed daily. I've looked around, and heard numerous people say different numbers. Also heard it goes by your weight or something. The diet I'm on now has a rule of not knowing how much I weigh, but how I feel instead. So calculating it by my weight is out of the option.

It goes by your age and weight and changes as your weight changes.
  • hipunKKie
    Options
    What is the script you downloaded for WW points plus?
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how many weight watchers points are allowed daily. I've looked around, and heard numerous people say different numbers. Also heard it goes by your weight or something. The diet I'm on now has a rule of not knowing how much I weigh, but how I feel instead. So calculating it by my weight is out of the option.

If you have an Android there all lots of great calculators for WW on google play store that can calculate how many points you need a day, just put WW Calculator or WW points plus in the google play search field and you will find a ton. I have 3 different ones I have tried. Some are Free and others cost from $.99 and up
  • shoecake
    shoecake Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I get so confused with the points system because I don't like all their foods, I calorie count but I do eat a Weight Watchers meal for my evening meal most nights just cos it's easier to cook for my family and then know exactly what I'm eating rather than making two separate meals, their snacks are good too - but whatever you do, don't try the sausages!!! :-)
  • angiegodbersen
    Options
    Yes it does go by weight and height. I was previously on weight watchers. I know 29 points is the lowest someone is able to go even if they are on maintenance. I hope this helps.
  • Brittaura
    Brittaura Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people on here telling you that it's going to be b/w 26-29 points, please don't assume that. If you're not eating enough points you're body will go into starvation mode and you will not lose, or you could even gain weight. The meetings are usually free in January b/c that's when everyone's after that New Years Resolution, I would strongly recommend going in and sitting through the free meeting. They will weight you, you can get an idea of how the support group works, get the entire plan explained to you, get a point book, find YOUR personal goal point range, and fully understand what the program is about. Not to mention it's a lot easier to do if you attend the meetings, I remember quit a few times hearing that success if 3x more likely for those that attend b/c of the support and education gained in the meetings. They are amazing in my opinion!
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    The points are not straight forward because some food are weighted more heavily because you should not be eating them e.g. sweets, chocolates and bad fats. WW website is marvellous and has stuff you can print off or download.
  • jfus14
    jfus14 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love love love ww! I did it about 7 years ago, attained lifetime and stayed at my goal for about 3 years before becoming pregnant with my daughter. I gained 55lbs during that time and joined a month after I gave birth. I struggled. It didn't work for me like it did the first time and I gave up.

Fast forward 2+ years..NOTHING else was working. Not MFP, Not Paleo, Not Low carb... So I said ok let me give this a shot again but lets do it right. let's follow the WW rules, let's work out and do it the way I am supposed to. 3 weeks in and I am down 8.2 lbs already. I have been doing Jillian's 30 Day shred almost every day and my body is changing like crazy!!!

I can not say enough things about WW. I am a meeting member but the key is to finding a meeting you love. It's not cheap. But to me it's worth it. I'd rather spend $40 a month on WW then on a gym I have trouble dragging myself to. Now I only do at home workouts and track steps on my fitbit.

I think there is another app out there called ibite or ibites that tracks like WW. It's $1.99 if you can't swing the $40/month.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!