Bum exercises!?

Options
I'm looking for some great exercises to work my butt, since it's gotten a lot flatter with my weight loss!

I'm making my own small daily routine focusing on my stomach and butt with cardio. I do normal squats and sumo squats and one legged squats, as well as butt lifts (laying on my back with my knees bent, feet on the floor, lift and squeeze lol), leg curls with weights, a variation of different planks and crunches, and jump rope... If anyone can suggest any more, that'd be great :)

Replies

• meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've heard step ups are good - think stepping to coffee table height and back down, alternating legs.

Weighted lunges are good too, so is running and biking.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Do less exercises but with more weight.

You're trying to build muscle to shape up your glutes. Increased strength has both direct and indirect correlations to increased muscle size.

Conversely, doing a ton of bum exercises like you're doing just trains muscle endurance.

Do less exercises but with more weight.

Specifically do SQUATS and DEADLIFTS with high weight. Look up Stronglifts 5x5 or Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength".
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. PT suggested weighted squats but getting really low and has resulted in my bum being higher and rounder.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Do hamstring exercises. They sit under the glutes and when they get built they push up and cause the bum to get perkier.
  • Huzke
    Huzke Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    SQUATS and DEADLIFTS with high weight. Look up Stronglifts 5x5 or Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength".

This.