roasted bussel sprouts, why do you taste so good?

Options

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I stir-fry them in coconut oil with walnuts in the pan...
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I never ate them when I was younger cause my mom boiled them. Then I learned the beauty of roasted Brussel Sprouts.....Love at first bite. As a matter of fact I just had some for my dinner!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    guilty here as well! I love to roast them with bacon and sprinkle some parmesan on them after plating. SO GOOD!
  • malilini
    Options
    I like to roast mine (just olive oil and sea salt), and then throw in a light marinade with seasoned rice vinegar. It's a bastardized Momofuku recipe, but it is amazing and 1up's the addiction factor.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i may have to try roasting sprouts now...
    i pretty much dont like any green veg... i will eat 1 sprout, a tiny piece of broccoli, and today i had to have peas because they were put on my plate accidentally :( but they taste horrible and i will pull a face like im eating lemons as i eat them...
    but maybe sprouts are like pumpkin... icky boiled or steamed but gooood roasted?!
    thanks for the idea :D x
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend had me try brussel sprouts for the first time a couple months ago...I am now an addict...LOVE 'EM
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I love mine cooked in olive oil with a little pancetta or bacon
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You all make these sound so good...I'm going to have to try them. How long do you bake them and for how long?
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I love mine cooked in olive oil with a little pancetta or bacon

Nice!
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have never tried this.. going to try soon! I do roasted veggies.. zucchini, onion, squash, red, yellow, green, orange peppers, mushrooms, Toss them with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and roast until outsides are crispy! So yummy!
  • lance90
    Options
    me too. roasted brussel sprouts with olive oil and salt. amazeballs!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe I used during the holidays with roasted brussel sprouts.

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Vinaigrette Reduction and Dried Cranberries

1 1/2 pounds Brussels Sprouts
    1/4 cup Olive Oil
    Salt And Pepper
    1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
    1/4 cup Sugar
    1/2 cup Dried Cranberries

Trim/clean Brussels sprouts, then cut them in half if desired (or you can leave them whole). Arrange on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper and roast at 375˚F degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until brown.
    Combine balsamic vinegar and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and reduce until very thick, about 15 to 20 minutes.
    Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the roasted sprouts, then sprinkle on dried cranberries. Toss and serve immediately.
  • mdusha
    Options
    I'm all about the roasted sprouts. Love the leftovers cold in salad the next day. REALLY amazing stuff!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a strange obsession.
  • malilini
    Options
    You all make these sound so good...I'm going to have to try them. How long do you bake them and for how long?

They are *so* good.
    As for baking, it seems to depend on the oven you have. About 425 for 20-30 mins works really well for me. But really, toss them in olive oil, on a baking sheet, in the oven, and let it go until you see little brown bits, which so happen to be the delicious bits :)
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Here's another one I tried a couple years ago and liked. Thanks for reminding me. I'm putting on shopping list now. I think this serves 8 or so, you can cut it half if you need to.

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Grapes & Walnuts

Ingredients:

24 ounces brussels sprouts (about 8 cups), halved or quartered if large
    24 ounces grapes
    2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    4 tablespoons fresh thyme
    Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
    2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
    1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped

Directions:

Heat oven to 450 degrees. On two rimmed baking sheets, toss brussels sprouts and grapes with oil and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, until caramelized and tender, about 20 minutes.

Drizzle each tray with 1 teaspoon vinegar and scrape up any caramelized bits with a wooden spoon. Toss in walnuts.
  • lotusspark
    Options
    Oh yeah,those are my favorite heathier food.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My husband motivated my love for brussel sprouts. We absolutely love it roasted simply with olive oil, fresh thyme, garlic, salt & pepper. But at times to kick things up a few notches I'll saute it in olive oil with onion, garlic, curry, fresh ginger and red pepper flakes. This was on the menu for Christmas and there were no leftovers.
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump for later a definite must try!