EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!! Have to attend a wedding...

Options
Okay.. usually i'm not the person who wants to spot reduce or lose weight ASAP..... i know thats unhealthy and never good for one..... :smile:

But only today i Found out about this wedding I will have to attend in less than 30 days.... its on 25th of Jan.... :cry: :noway:

Since i gained weight I actually started avoiding attending any weddings or big social gathering..... but this is something that is special and I cant avoid it..... :embarassed:

I dont want to set huge goals... But i really wanna look decent for this wedding and for a change have some nice pictures..... :sad:

Is there anyway I can lose around may be more than 5-10 Kgs within that time??????? :explode:

HELP......!!!!!!!! :embarassed:

Replies

• seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    12-22lbs in 4 weeks?

No.

No and hell no.

Figure out your intake requirements to lose weight, track your intake over the next 4 weeks, and safely lose 4-6lbs. Then throw on some Spanx or some other "shaping" clothes and don't worry about it.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Jillian 30 day shred will help a lot with inches - focus on that and eat at a deficit - in a healthy way!
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Then throw on some Spanx or some other "shaping" clothes and don't worry about it.
    i'm loving this answer!

just for one day, clever underwear and the right outfit are the answer.
    you won't look great in pictures if you're pale and drained looking.
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Losing more than 5 kgs in such a short period of time is never healthy.
    Chances are diets like Dukan might work along with a good exercise program but really, I wouldn't do it.

I know it's useless for you if I say this, but those who invited you to their wedding want you to be there to celebrate along with you, not to have a top model in their pics. I know you want to look good in the photos, but at what price?

Try many different kinds of dresses. You don't look dangerously overweight in your profile pic, nor you look like someone who would find it hard to fit in the largest dress size available. So try on different models, even those you would never wear, and have someone you trust give an opinion on how you look in it.
    Good underwear is a must, and focus on making the most of your strong points (beauty-wise), instead of wanting to fit in the tiniest and tighter dress available.

If you still want to diet, search for Dukan or something like that but it's really unhealthy (yeah, flame me!) and chances are the weight will bounce back.

If you follow a healthy eating and exercise program you can lose up to 5 kgs, and that does make a difference in appearance. But you don't want to wait until the very last day before the wedding to search for an outfit (or worse, you don't want to have to alter whatever you buy now and the sewing mistress having to do the job and not handing the dress back to you in time)
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    :smile: Okay... Thanks for some really nice suggestions and advice.... :smile: :drinker:
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the shapewear. I had to wear some under my Christmas sweater to hide some uncomfortable looking bumps and it worked great and I felt so much better about myself.