Yes, I'm New

Options
Seven years ago I was getting out of bootcamp around 130. Now, I've been out of the military for almost 3 years, I've been married for 7 years, and I just finished my Master's degree weighing the most I've ever weighed. 159 at 5ft 2in. I refuse to type 160, and really, I haven't reached that marker yet which is why I'm starting now. I turn 28 in May and would like to be healthier. I do have some things working against me, genetics, depression, anxiety, and a handful of meds (one in particular known for weight gain, depo provera) but I still want to work to become happier and healthier with who I am and how I look.

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    welcome, this site is wonderful!
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    This is the right place to be. There is so much support here:-) I just love it. You will do wonderful!!!!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    welcome this site is wonderful!

hmmmm same med, wow ! and same problem, but I am off that one now, I had my last baby so I got my tubes tied!

but anyways welcome and enjoy the community!
  • fitnessnow
    Options
    It sounds like your on the right track....It does get hard sometimes thinking of what we want to be and not quite sure how to get there. I feel the same way....genetics is getting in the way of my goals too. You sound like you have a lot going for your though.. being in the military you are used to exercise and know what you are capable of. If it helps any I dream of being your weight some day. :smile:
  • jaysen05
    jaysen05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great site, and welcome.