Apple Cider Vinegar...

Options
Does anyone use this? Have you seen results? I am putting 2 T in my water daily. I wonder if it is helping my loose weight.

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I feel like it has helped me when I've done it. I would just down a shot of organic acv before eating breakfast and then another shot later in the day before dinner.
  • vonns36
    vonns36 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I also have 2 tbsp twice a day haven't seen any results in loosing weight though...I take it more to help with my fibroids...taste real bad though :(
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Vinegar does not help you lose weight, unless it tastes gross enough that it inhibits your appetite. I'm not sure I understand the point of eating or drinking something unpleasant on a daily basis.

On the other hand, if you pressure-cook potatoes and a bunch of kale and mash them together, a little drizzle of apple cider vinegar tastes delicious over top, and then you are eating something filling and full of fiber and vitamins, so maybe that is a good weight-loss step.
  • 31gotogirl
    Options
    I have read the benefits of apple cider vinegar and decided to try it just since Christmas. It could be something else reacting, but both times (about one tsp mixed with a 10 oz drink) I have felt so sluggish that day I needed a nap. I am not a nap-needing-kind of person and it has happened both times that I absolutely could not stay awake and felt awful most of the day. I wish it could work because I need a healthier alternative to all the chemicals the doctors want me to put in my body. Do I dare even try it again?!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Unless you want to take speed, the only thing that works is a calorie deficit and exercise.....
  • kikislimsdown
    kikislimsdown Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use the vinegar to help with my hypertension and for my skin (as toner). I have heard the weightloss talk, but never knew anyone personally who lost weight with just ACV.
  • chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I use ACV to help with my gall bladder pain. As recommended from my various readings about ACV & gall bladder pain, I take 1 T of organic ACV with about 4 oz. of unfiltered apple juice. For me, it is helpful in reducing the fullness I feel after a big/heavy meal, and can reduce pain I feel in my upper right abs (just below ribcage). I also just read today that taking 3 T w/ 4 oz of AJ could be helpful in reducing pain during a gall bladder attack.

As for drinking it in water throughout the day, I haven't tried that yet but heard it's supposed to be a good appetite suppressant.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Unless you want to take speed...

I'm listening.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use this? Have you seen results? I am putting 2 T in my water daily. I wonder if it is helping my loose weight.

I use it to cure heartburn. Yes, the results are instant. I seriously doubt that it could possibly benefit anyone for weight loss though.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Unless you want to take speed...

I'm listening.

31687729.jpg
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I use it but not to lose weight; I'm not sure about that but I can tell you if you get food born illness (food poisoning); take 2 TBSP straight and it is an immediate cure! Works every time!
  • sierraleigh1
    sierraleigh1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use Bragg Apple cider vinegar for Fibromyalgia pain and liver problems. I don't see that it helps with weight loss any but who knows? Also helps heart burn! Lots of health benefits from it. I usually do 1 to 2 TBSP in a warm cup of water with 1 TBSP of honey. Can't do it straight!
  • candygirl1980
    Options
    I dont think it helps anything as far as weight loss but I know its excellent in regulating blood sugar. I have hypoglycemia and if I will be eating a high carb meal I can take a shot of ACV and it will keep my blood sugar stable after the meal and prevent a sugar crash. Ive also heard its wonderful to take for acid idegestion.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I mix two tablespoons with 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger in boiling water to make a tea. I drink it at each meal and before bed. It does help control my blood sugar. I like it so I enjoy drinking it!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    It has fantastic health benefits unrelated to weight loss. I take it when allergies or colds come on and I'm back to normal within hours. I also use it as a cleaning solution on wounds mixed with saline. It also makes for a fantastic toner for skin. My skin is perfection using it.

It is an amazing thing. I use Bragg ACV 'With the Mother'.

Fantastic stuff.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Unless you want to take speed, the only thing that works is a calorie deficit and exercise.....

or Ketamine but yeah....

Or Dexedrine or Adderal or any entactogen really.

The list goes on and on.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I used it and noticed some weight change but I was also exercising and eating less. But its supposedly good for so many problems/ ailments. Can't hurt...
  • ParisKennedy
    ParisKennedy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just started acv on Jan 1. I have lost weight, but not sure if it is from that or from my diet or both. It helps to speed the metabolism, it pushes fat through our bodies quickly so they don't have time to absorb, it suppresses appetite. It helps produce serotonin which helps to eliminate stress. how can it not help you lose weight?
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I'm not sure it does anything to help with fat loss but there is a small Japanese study suggesting it helps with fat burning. Sorry I don't have the link. I take it mainly for the probiotics to help w/ tummy issues. I take it after a heavy meal or use it as dressing on my salad.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Yes apple cider vinegar........I call bingo!

Oh and if it worked everyone would be thin.