41lbs down in 2012

Options
I've always been big. Very big, actually. When I had my first son, I topped out somewhere around 285 during my pregnancy(Aug 2009). I had pre-eclampcia and gained 15lbs in 3 days in water weight, but my eating was also completely out of control. With my second son, I had gestational diabetes early on in the pregnancy, so I had to be a lot more careful with my eating for the sake of his health. I walked into the labor and delivery floor (Aug 2011)weighing 6lbs(started at 250, ended at 256) more than I started my pregnancy at. A couple weeks after he was born, I had lost down to about 235-240lbs, but immediately gained more again because I was back to old eating habits.

I put my mind on losing weight sometime in March of this year and have lost 41lbs so far! I never thought I would be able to lose weight. I have always struggled with my eating and exercising, so both of those together were a huge change for me. I feel so much better and have so much more energy than I ever thought I would.

Here's to a wonderful 2013 and hopefully another 50lbs down for me :drinker:

Height-5'2
SW-251
CW-209.8
GW-currently around 150, I've never weighed less than 199 as an adult, so I am still unsure.

10040_483440678364380_887652684_n_zpsf56967c6-1_zps59a9d7ee.jpg

Replies

• trishaeich
    trishaeich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yay you! Looking good. You should feel very proud of yourself!
  • olsen317
    Options
    That's a great accomplishment! Keep up the good work!
  • cjon159
    Options
    OF COURSE you can do it! You have lost 41#!! Don't sabotage yourself...feed your mind positive statements like I can have power over what I eat and how much weight I lose. i will just prove to myself and everyone else I CAN get below 199 pounds!!!!!!!
    You go, pretty girl!
  • smithme09
    Options
    Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!