I can give advice but have troub. doing what i say.

Options
I am so good at giving advice but I can't always seem to apply the advice to myself.

I'm sick today.........I would tell someone take a day off.........no I'm going for a long walk.

I have NOT been eating to loose.........I would tell somone to get it together

I never used to eat at night..............I would tell someone to not eat past 7:00

What is the deal?????????????? I'm starting to slip!!!

Replies

• RentThisSpace
    RentThisSpace Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'd say the first thing is recognizing the problem, which have done. Next, take some time and think about why you broke your own rules. Are you eating enough throughout the day or waiting til evening to gorge yourself? Are you not motivated to exercise? why now?

Sometimes, it just takes some will power, and others, you need to step back and examine if this approach is working for you. Only you can answer it.

Good luck.
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    We all go through it sometimes. I am right there with you on the eating at night thing. I never eat anything after dinner, but the last 2 weeks I have been a munching maniac. I know that my root cause is feeling cooped up and dying for spring, maybe you are just in a bit of a rut.
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    I'd say the first thing is recognizing the problem, which have done. Next, take some time and think about why you broke your own rules. Are you eating enough throughout the day or waiting til evening to gorge yourself? Are you not motivated to exercise? why now?

Sometimes, it just takes some will power, and others, you need to step back and examine if this approach is working for you. Only you can answer it.

Good luck.

I agree. And also look at your moods and emotions (and health). I notice when I'm moody, tired, sick, I seem to blow my own "rules" as well. It's ok. You'll be back on track!
  • marjaskow
    Options
    We all know can learn quick what we are supposed to eat and how we are supposed to exercise. You've lost a good amount of weight that I am sure friends and family have noticed. I'm there too, and know what I need to do, but some days just don't want to. Then I realize that because so many people have noiticed how much I've already changed that I feel like I am being watched. Maybe I am , maybe not, but thinking so I am more concious about what I want people to see I am eating and doing. Maybe that might help you follow your own advice a bit.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    this might be straying off topic but eating at night isn't a big deal by itself. The main reason it's better to stop eating after 6:00 or 7:00pm is because it affects your morning weight (if you weigh every morning) and it also can cause you to eat less. If you haven't met your calorie goal, eating after 7 won't hurt, but it might show up in the morning on the scale.
    Also, depending on your meal and bedtime schedule if you wake up at say 6:00am and have your normal meal routine and then "grab a snack" after 7, you might be more likely to refrain because of the time than because of the calories. if you have that time rule, then you know to spread your calorie intake throughout the day and close the kitchen at 7:00pm.
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Kelly. I know you will get back on track. You've been such a help to me. I'll try to keep an "eye" on ya the next few days to encourage you!