Breakthrough!

Options
sdirks
sdirks Posts: 223 Member
I work in a large corporate office. At least once a week, one of our divisions will get lazy and order a dozen pizzas for lunch. Good, New York City pizza. They always drop the leftovers in the kitchen, right next to my office.

This afternoon, I was eating my salmon, green beans and rice when one of my coworkers dropped off 3 boxes of pizza. She looks in the lightest box and finds only 1 slice left. She smiles and says she'll split it with me. I say thank you, leave the pizza on my plate, and we chat for a few minutes. After she left, I decided to give in and have a few bites. I took my first bite, chewed, and spit it into my napkin.

GREASY, SAUSAGE AND MOZZARELLA LADEN PIZZA NO LONGER TASTES GOOD TO ME!!!
There IS a MFP God, and he or she is smiling down on me right now.

Looking forward to my afternoon snack; half an apple and 1.5 tbsp of natural almond butter. I'm drinking a big glass of ice water with lemon. When I get home tonight, I'm vacuuming my livingroom and then doing a yoga dvd on the clean rug. Finally, I'm there. I was worried it wouldn't happen for me, that I would just slog through carrots and bland soup and never be satisfied. But I'm there, and I feel great.

Just wanted to share. ^_^

Replies

• DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    AMAZING> I can't wait until the day I can spit out pizza. Wait, maybe not, because I LOVE PIZZA. Keep up the hard work.

One day I'll post my break through, whatever that may be :)
  • bootoou
    Options
    that is great!! sounds like you have the right mindset. just remember the apples are sooooo juicy and sweet...and the pizza is just a cardboard box.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    ;) This makes me smile. I know EXACTLY what you mean..... good for you. And good for me, you have inspired me to vacuum!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Wish I could say they don't taste good to me! I am pretty sure that day will never come for me. I just try not to put it in my mouth in the first place because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to spit it out!

Hey, we had nearly the same lunch (salmon, green beans and quinoa for me). Nicely done with the pizza.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I've had times like that where the junk foods just didn't taste as good. But then for some reason or another I would end up eating them anyway and they started tasting good again. Keep spitting it out!! lol :laugh:
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That's great! I too find myself now disliking the smells and taste of things that I loved before. like my mothers cooking all I can taste is the 1/2 cup of olive oil she puts into everything:sick: . I used to enjoy it but now it's just gross. Sorry mom.
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    Great job!!

I wish that day would come for me, but I very much doubt it!! :laugh: Especially with Chinese food haha! :laugh:

Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • joliekarno
    joliekarno Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    YAY!

Who wants to drink oil? I did... Yuck.
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody!

I think the key was finding out WHY I liked the junk to begin with.
    I used to drink soda because I like smooth, sweet foods with lingering flavors, like nut butters, fruits, and smoothies.
    I used to over do it with chips, mashed potatoes, and buttery sides because they're flavored with my favorite ingredient: garlic!
    I used to eat NY mozzarella pizza because I love fresh herbs, and NY pizza always comes loaded with fresh basil.

I just had to tweak my diet--and my taste buds, lol. Now I eat the foods I actually love, not the processed junk that reminds me of them. Ah, the taste of freedom!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    WTG! That is fabulous. My dh and I (almost 4 weeks in hard core since the holidays BUT 9 months into our lifestyle changes) are really finding how much we are truly noticing the taste of real food. How sweet an apple is, or good an almond tastes. I think my taste buds were broken before, weighed down with fat and too many bad carbs and chemicals. I agree, this way is much better. THanks for sharing your breakthrough!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!