Insanity & Nutrition guide, how many calories??? help!

Options
Hi, I was going to go on my own plan which was

Setting MFP to sedentary, losing 1 lb/week, and separately log on calorie burn from my HRM. MFP gives me 1530 calories and I was going to eat back my exercise calories. Reason why is because currently I am REALLY sedentary. I'm not working and the only activity I do is the 35-40 minutes of Insanity. It's winter where I am, so I don't go outside, just sit here watching tv.

I looked into the Insanity nutrition guide and calculated my BMR there which came to 1649 and the guide suggested to calculate TDEE using 1.7-very active. So I did so and got 2804 and they said to subtract 500/daily for a deficit which put me to 2304.--that seems like a lot considering that my whole day is not very active.

Just wanted to know how others are calculating their calorie amount. Not sure which one I should do.

Replies

• GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I dont use their guide. I budget what MFP tells me for calories. I set it to sedentary and a 0.5 lb (1 lb during P90X) per week loss, and I log my exercise. I did that for P90X too, and I lost 15 lbs in 3 months.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Just because it's winter you should still be getting your 10,000 steps a day for basic health and active recovery from your workouts. A huge percentage of Americans and Brits have a sedentary day, they sit at a desk/ car/ sofa/ train: walking averages about 100 calories a mile, so even a few thousand steps really is not that many calories more than you do. You don't say how many says a week you do insanity, generally fitness professionals reckon five hours a week of moderate to intense activity makes you very active.
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Just because it's winter you should still be getting your 10,000 steps a day for basic health and active recovery from your workouts. A huge percentage of Americans and Brits have a sedentary day, they sit at a desk/ car/ sofa/ train: walking averages about 100 calories a mile, so even a few thousand steps really is not that many calories more than you do. You don't say how many says a week you do insanity, generally fitness professionals reckon five hours a week of moderate to intense activity makes you very active.

The insanity workout is 6 days/week. I will be doing it for the 6 days
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I dont use their guide. I budget what MFP tells me for calories. I set it to sedentary and a 0.5 lb (1 lb during P90X) per week loss, and I log my exercise. I did that for P90X too, and I lost 15 lbs in 3 months.

Ok thank you! I think that is what I'll do. Did you eat back your calories burned since mfp already gives you a deficit?