last straw!

Hey everyone! Hope youre enjoying your holidays. I am writing on this to get some support. I have a dinner party to go to tonight and I spent the last hour trying on different clothes i have at home and I dont seem to find one shirt I would like to wear tonight. Most of them actually look good but there is always something I am not happy about with them. I feel like if I dont find it to be perfect then i dont want to wear it :/ I know I have about 30 pounds to lose to be in my healthy weight region and I keep putting it off but now that I am realizing that I dont feel so comfortable in my skin I think its time I put my mind to it and change. The problem is I have tried before and I always seem to fail. The other problem is I am tall and when i gain weight I gain it proportionately and people dont notice it much on my build so sometimes I feel as if i can "get away" with the extra weight but I do not want it anymore. I want to feel good about myself and up until today I have felt fine but I am now realizing I am not as happy as i thought with myself. Any personal stories would help! Thanks for reading and thanks for commenting :)

Replies

• Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    I have he same problem! I am quite tall as well. I often end up in tears!!! What usually ends up happening is I choose a "good old faithful" piece of clothing and something loser that I feel comfortable in. Then I either leave home feeling disgusted or manage to talk myself into believing that I am being way more critical than anyone else will be and do my best to forget how unhappy I feel about my appearance. Sometimes I end up feeling great once I get my makeup etc. on. I hope that happens for you tonight! Honestly it's what's in the inside that really counts anyway :)