I don't usually care, but...

Options
2»

Replies

• crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    i am what falls into the big girl category. im 5 ft 11 inches tall. i weigh 190 lbs. i couldnt be more proud of that fact. i accept me for who i am ... what i have become.... after carrying 2 children, and gaining well over 124 lbs im proud to say im a ripped size 10, sometimes an 8. i never have been or will be a size 2 and im quite ok with that. what i am is a kick *kitten* personal trainer and an even more kick *kitten* mom to my beautiful daughters!!!
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    i am what falls into the big girl category. im 5 ft 11 inches tall. i weigh 190 lbs. i couldnt be more proud of that fact. i accept me for who i am ... what i have become.... after carrying 2 children, and gaining well over 124 lbs im proud to say im a ripped size 10, sometimes an 8. i never have been or will be a size 2 and im quite ok with that. what i am is a kick *kitten* personal trainer and an even more kick *kitten* mom to my beautiful daughters!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Exactly! People try to say she was a size 12, but a size 12 in her day was A LOT smaller than ours. She probably was what today 's size 2 or 4 is. I find a lot of girls use her to justify being overweight or not working out, but sources close to Marilyn say she worked out every day. And you can see it in her arms and legs, she had muscle definition in her thighs and calves! Dancing was probably quite a workout too.

The Seven Year Itch dress, the famous white one, was a zero. Her largest size was 8, which is the one photo that's posted, and she wasn't that size for more than a year in her life. I'm thin now, and I'd never try to get to her dimensions because I don't think it is possible.
    In today's sizes. Size 0 didn't exist back then. I don't know if size 8 even did.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Curvy is a term that is way over used and I also hate the saying that "real women have curves" the saying is true but I feel like a lot of women just use it to justify being overweight.

Too many women try to fit themselves into the curvy category. Just because a ball has curves doesn't mean a woman should consider themself curvy. Round is not a shape a person should be.

Guys do a ton of the same **** too. Not just trying to jump on the women . Just easier examples I guess.
    With guys...it's "big boned" or "muscle thick"....and with ladies "curvy" is code for fat.
    Bottom line: body fat percentages define more than our subjective standards.
    Just decide where you want to be, but be comfortable and happy with the result if that's truly what you desire.
    Optimal health is my goal as defined by 12% body fat and 185 pounds.
    Other guys might see that as too fat - not me.
    To each his or her own.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yes, men and women are to blame. But so is the media for giving so many fad diets popularity, the fashion industry for using photoshop on women who don't need it, the government for providing such horrendous nutrition guidelines, the doctors for not being firmer in their advice, the fitness industry for charging so much for personal training sessions, the food companies for creating incredibly bad food, the parents for giving their children unhealthy meals every single day for several years.

Put all that together and what do you expect? To say "men/women" have too high expectations is too naive.

The problem is that most people just don't know any better because they aren't educated on health and fitness.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    It's not like any woman will let us measure vaj length or circumference.

how do you measure circumference?
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

I'd explain this but I think it might get me banned O.O
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

LOL
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

LOL

ROFLMAO
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    2) When people celebrate "curvy" or "plus-size," they always choose pictures of the small percentage of women who manage to only store fat in 2 places and none whatsoever on their belly. D+ boobs with a flat stomach & a round perky behind... Really? Bigger or curvy gals are only good if their stomachs are flat? Or if they look like hour glasses? Most plus-size and curvy women do not have a perfect stomach like that. What about the apple, pear or ruler body types? Again, people are glorifying a body type that is rare and relies mainly on genetics.

This. Plus sized models are still models - AKA genetically blessed specimens with an ideal distribution of their excess body fat. A size 16 body with a completely flat stomach is not the norm for most size 16 women.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Did you guys ever see Mean Girls?

"Most people think I'm lying about being a virgin because I prefer jumbo tampons, but I can't help it if I have a heavy flow and a wide-set vagina!"
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG! SKINNY, CURVY. JUST MORE DUCKFACE

DUCK+FACE_5bdf24_3780008.jpg
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

morecowbell-s600x400-160050.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

How about some horse face?

father_ted-horse.gif
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am an "inverted triangle" body shape.... and some girls would say they are jealous, but really it freaking sucks! I can't buy bras anywhere because my chest is "too big" according to "normal" stores, so I have to go into the plus size stores where they say I am "too skinny" in the rib cage. Seriously!? The only place that I can find bras my size, they sell them for over $100 EACH.... on sale.... add in the constant back pain, and really you aren't missing that much lol.

EVERY body type has it's pros and cons, I'm just trying to be a healthier me :) I've found a great guy who cares about me and is willing to give me back massages when needed so I consider myself very lucky :)

However, I think it's important to note that I think some guys do go through some similiar pressures. As children, girls are given Barbie: tall, skinny, blond, long legs/arms, and literally impossible to acheive body figure. And some boys are given GI Joe: wide frame, tall, EXTREMELY muscular. Although it may not be as obvious as with females, men do have to endure some body shape pressures as well.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't think "curvy" has anything to do with weight. More of a shape.Thin girls can be curvy and big girls can be curvy
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Amen to that girl.. and to all the different body types out there! I hate the stereotypes too- makes a girl go crazy trying to fit into a certain category instead of her own individual body type.

Exactly! It's as if we replaced the "be a skinny malnourished model!" slogan to "be a curvy genetic-hour glass!"

If there was a workout to get bigger boobs or a smaller ribcage, I'd do it but there is none!

It's not enough to be healthy, but now we have to be curvy as well. I saw a diagram before of different muscle builds for men... It'd be equivalent to everyone telling men that being healthy isn't enough. "We only like *insert muscle build* and the others are no good. We shouldn't do that to anyone.

Ectomorph-body-type-e1337456834204.png

I like mesomorph. ;) Teasing.