Nordictrack treadmill recommendations

Options
Hi. I'm considering buying a Nordictrack treadmill (the commercial 2150). Anyone have a Nordictrack treadmill? Any opinions on quality, costumer service, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any responses. :)

Replies

• emmagreenie
    Options
    I have an older model NordicTrack that isn't in production anymore, but I have really enjoyed it over the past few years. I hear that their customer service is not very good, however, I haven't ever needed to use customer service because my machine has always worked well for me! After 2 years of workouts, our treadmill is still going strong so I think that the quality is there. They are also priced right in my opinion.

But just be aware that they aren't known for customer service. I believe that they are responsive to feedback from customers, and will stand behind their warranties, but it just might be a lengthy and involved process. If you decide to get a NordicTrack, just keep that in mind. But I know a lot of other NordicTrack users who haven't ever had problems with their machines either, so it's likely that you will get lucky and not have to use their customer service.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    We've had one for almost 12 years, and it definitely gets a workout. We have another treadmill (a smaller ProForm), so my husband and I can work out together, but we both prefer the Nordictrack, so it gets the most use. We had no issues requiring customer service or warranty. Within the last year, we have replaced the console keypad overlay twice. The first one we purchased for about $150 through Treadmill Doctor, and the 2nd they replaced under warranty. Not bad given that a comparable new model is upwards of $1000. I would definitely buy another one.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I don't have a NordicTrack treadmill but my stationary bike and elliptical are both Nordictrack and I've had no issues with either of them.
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have the 2150. It's a great machine.The i-fit feature is nice to have, the first year is free, though I didn't renew it this year due to the cost. I did have a small beeping issue with the control panel, I called the service dept. they sent out a completely new display unit and their local repair rep replaced it. (all within 10 to 14 days) Everything else has worked perfectly. It's quiet and well built. Great warranty and cost was reasonable. (bought it online directly from Nordictrack) I'd give it a 4out of 5 stars, can't go any higher cause 5 put of 5 is reserved for outdoor runs (you can't beat them)
  • aswearingen22
    aswearingen22 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    We bought our Nordic Track 1500 2 years ago from the Sears outlet for around $900 and I love it. It gets the most work from December - March each year (I don't mind running in the cold, but not in the snow/ice). In the last month, my husband and I have both been running on it 3-4 times a week (other times outside or on the treadmills at the gym). We haven't had any issues with ours whatsoever!
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have a nordictrack treadmill. I've had it for quite sometime now. I love it. The only thing I've had to do with it is tighten the belt. It was really easy to do.
  • Fitmiss07
    Options
    I've had a NordicTrack treadmill, the T5.5 to be exact, and even though it was on the lower priced side for NordicTrack it's been nothing but amazing for me! I've had no issues with it for the past 3 years and between the 3 of us in the house it gets quite a lot of use.
    I agree with emmagreenie though as I have heard some issues with their customer service not being as helpful as people would like, in fact I was skeptical of purchasing a NordicTrack because of the reviews I read on that. Yet I had a few friends who owned NordicTrack treadmills, bikes, and ellipticals who said they never had any issue where they had to call. I think most of the people who give the reviews are obviously the one in a the hundred who had bad experiences and want to complain about it, so it does make them look bad.
    I would suggest a NordicTrack any day to anyone as I've had great success with mine. I'd also recommend NordicTrackCoupon.com, I used their site and it ended up saving me more money on an already low priced treadmill. They'll direct you to the NordicTrack site so you're still buying it from NordicTrack, not another retailer which could have different warranties and who knows, even worse customer service! :)
    Hope this helps! Good luck in your search!
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've had a NordicTrack treadmill, the T5.5 to be exact, and even though it was on the lower priced side for NordicTrack it's been nothing but amazing for me! I've had no issues with it for the past 3 years and between the 3 of us in the house it gets quite a lot of use.

I got one a little over a year ago. I think it's a T5.7, so it's probably very similar to yours. I picked it up a couple weeks before Thanksgiving, on a regular sale through Sears. It went on sale again for Black Friday, but honestly the price I paid was lower than the big "black Friday" special price.

I had researched my minimum requirements for HP (2.5hp I think) , track length, incline (up to 10 degrees) and speed (max 10mph), and knew not to waste my money on extras that I didn't need. (No fan because I already have a fan in room, no need for 12mph because honestly I probably won't even get up to 10mph any time soon, etc. Mine is iFit compatible, but I didn't pay the extra $100 + monthly subscription for that additional feature to be activated. I figured I could add the iFit dongle later if I liked the idea enough, I don't even use the training programs that it comes with as it is now!) It has an AUX port, but I usually just use my iPod headphones instead of the treadmill speakers so that I'm not making it even louder for anyone else in the room. It's not really a quiet work out machine, but it's not an unbearably noisy machine either. The speakers had good sound when I tested them though.

I'm a little over a year into it and my main warranty has expired. I got a couple polite phone calls asking if I wanted to renew the warranty but I skipped that addition as well. They didn't push me for a hard sell, so I didn't mind them asking. I just didn't think that $150 a year to "protect" a <$600 machine was really a great bargain and told them as much. Four years of paying for an extended warranty would cost me the same as just buying a new machine on sale. (I think the listed retail price was closer to $900.)

So far I have no complaints. It works great and meets my needs and didn't completely break the bank. I figure I'll use a cleaning kit to keep it dusted and lubed where necessary and as long as I get a few more years out of it and drop some more weight, I'll consider it money well spent. If it does need repaired later, depending on the cost of the repair I'll either repair it myself, spring for a pro to fix it, or scrape it and watch for another sale.

It's not a commercial grade machine, but it's plenty good enough for me so far. Hubby even uses it sometimes--although it does rattle from his footsteps a bit louder than mine, but then again he's a much bigger person than I am even though he's also under the weight limit.

It was too wide to fit through the door assembled, so we had it delivered to the house in the box and put it together ourselves. It was a pain to assemble and very heavy, but not impossible. I would say that it was a bit more complicated than the "14 easy steps" the box promised though--with some steps warning that if you screw up you will A) void your warranty and B) fry your machine's electronics and possibly get electrocuted. I did send in the postcard to register it with NordicTrack, even though I bought it from Sears.

We had to partially disassemble it a couple months ago when we moved. The movers got it upstairs in the new place without too much heartache and then we put it back together. Since we didn't take it completely apart, it was a lot easier to reassemble this time. It works just as good now as it did before the move, plus we got a padded mat underneath it this time, so the carpet is a little better protected. It definitely required two people to assemble it both times.

Even though the directions say to wear shoes, I often go barefoot on it with no trouble. The belt makes my soles a but toasty if I go too fast for too long, but then I just slip on socks and keep going. A clorox wipe afterwards keeps it from getting nasty.
  • shahendrickson
    shahendrickson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your feedback. I ordered my treadmill & now I am waiting patiently for delivery. Eeepp, I'm so excited!